2012 RVForum QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info & Sign up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Study the map and directions.  After you pay your fee at the BLM entrance office, finding the group can be a little tricky.  Don't be discouraged if you don't find us on the first try.  Keep looking.  We're there and we're not hiding.  It's just that our group looks about the same as a hundred, or maybe a thousand, other groups at Quartzsite.  But that's where the similarities end.  Trust me, this is not an average group of boon dockers.   

We found the group after two attempts last year.  Well worth the effort though.  Make a note of the signatures of those attending who identify the type of RV they have.  Then when you arrive, look for a group that has a high percentage of similar RV's.  Most have motorhomes.  A few, like me, have trailers.  Ours is an Outback which we pull with a fire engine red F250. 

See you there. 

Gary

PS. Bring a red hat.

Our boondocking experience so far is three days of actual dry camping. We should be able to go for a week to ten days on our water and gray/ black tanks depending how well we conserve.

Besides your own patch of the desert, your $40 BLM fee, which is good for 14 nites and is renewable, gives you free access to a dump station and fresh water. You have to drive about 2 miles from where we gather.

Also some of us who have been around a while fly various flags, including the RV Forum flag which is yellow/gold.  Look at our photo on the left - blue Monaco Executive with flags flying on the front.  A few of us also have some of the old RV Forum baseball-style hats which are more gold than yellow.  Bernie and we met because I was wearing mine at FMCA - oh so many years ago - and he recognized it.

ArdraF

Using Bobs clear directions, I found the forum campsite by driving right to it last year. Evan tho there were only two members present at the time. (I got there early and still was not the first)>>>Dan

Perhaps the best directions to find the place are in the pix below.

We went thru QZ many moons ago during a rally, it was so crowded. We tried to get a hamburger in one of the towns hamburger stands....no dice. Long waiting line... We kept on going.

Anyway, the directions below in the pix should help you out. (I dug the picture out of my archives from years ago)

Enjoy.. Carson FL 

Attachments

• Framily+Lane.jpg
    Framily+Lane.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 64
I don't recall ever seeing that sign.  Does anyone know who has it now?  It would be great to put it on the Section 541 road!

ArdraF

You're right!  I wasn't paying attention.  Carson got me!  It looks more like the Race Track at Death Valley.  Okay, Carson, how did you do that???

ArdraF

Ok folks, I hate to give away secrets. Since I am an old-timer on the forum, known as a curmudgeon and also a serious contributor....here is the secret.

In early 1997 I became introduced to the QZ rally event. Never attended, even though we, Carol and I, passed through the area during a rally. We tried to buy a Hamburger at one of the towns little shops...no dice. The lines were too long, so we kept on motoring West.

After I got home I dug up a website (can't find it anymore) that allowed one to create funny signs.
The rest is history. I posted it in October 22,1997. 

Moral of the story, age matters, unimportant knowledge does not stick.

I will not be liable for wrong directions, will I?

Hope you enjoyed,

Carson FL

I'm with Ardra, looks like the Racetrack in Death Valley. Not even the same state as Quartzsite. But a sign like that sure would be cute to stick out on the road :)

If it goes up to $60, it might be time to move the rally out to one of the free areas.

Wendy said:
If it goes up to $60, it might be time to move the rally out to one of the free areas.

I read on Brian Gore's blog that the Pit Stop had raised their prices, so people were going to Bouse to dump, and now that dump site may close because the dump cant handle it.

Paul

Or one of us could call the Yuma BLM office and ask...which Mike did and they said $40.

Wendy

Ellen and Michael Schwarz, Texas, 1/21-23
First timers for Quartzsite and serious boondocking

Be gentle.  :)

mrschwarz said:
Ellen and Michael Schwarz, Texas, 1/21-23
First timers for Quartzsite and serious boondocking

Be gentle.  :)

Oh boy, NEWBIES !  Not to worry, we're usually very gentle, usually  :)

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTRDYS
Back
Top Bottom