2012 RVForum QZ Rally - Arrivals and rally activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two of our silly old codgers hiked up to the top of a small mountain this morning that overlooks our site to place a geocache. Not the miniscule thing that Wendy and Mike call a cache. This is more TEXAS size.
Couple of photos attached. One was  taken from up on top looking down and the other of the two fools .
....special thanx to Ray for his walking stick, although I will be collecting on the warranty. The rubber foot fell off.

Attachments

• phpnTJxJRPM.jpg
    phpnTJxJRPM.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 63
  • phpZtI3WJPM (2).jpg
    phpZtI3WJPM (2).jpg
    105 KB · Views: 70
wannabfree said:
Not the miniscule thing that Wendy and Mike call a cache. This is more TEXAS size.

Nice pics but OUR cache is an official one with a GC# that you can log at geocaching.com !

I know Jeff and Mike took photos on their fancy cameras at dinner tonight but I'm not sure it was was an event to remember.  A mere 28 of us  went to Grub Stake Restaurant in Quartzsite today to partake in their  Wednesday evening "all you can eat Shrimp" .  We carpooled* and arrived at 3:15, they were  already out of the special.  After waiting  a long time we had beverages and  finally dinner. Note to RVForumites, never sit with Ray as his orders were out of stock,  cancelled and  delayed with precision.    Not many of us had a dinner we will recall with fondness but a few of us did have take home  containers.  Terry needed had to have a  frozen  pizza when  he returned.  We went to this restaurant at 3 pm to get an early  start only to have them  run out of the special at 4  pm . BOOOOOO

Nevertheless the company  was grand and the campfire  at  Happy Hour continued despite our absence!

* Jerry invited  more  passengers to  ride in his vehicle than it will hold.  He swears it was Ardra's fault!

Betty

Here are the photos from the Grubstake's NO ALL YOU CAN EAT SHRIMP special. :-\

Looking on the positive side Mike and Terry aren't still trying to digest 50 greasy fried shrimp. 8)

We also got to celebrate Barb Weimert's birthday!

Attachments

• Grubstaake 1.jpg
    Grubstaake 1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Grubstake 2.jpg
    Grubstake 2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Grubstake 3.jpg
    Grubstake 3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 55
  • Grubstake 4.jpg
    Grubstake 4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 54
I probably shouldn't post this event but it was memorable.    Long ago,  at one of the  RVForum Rallies I played Mexican train with Forum members.  Tonight I  wanted a rematch...... Sheila did not attend Quartzsite, Lucy was too tired, Wendy did not want to play, Mike wanted to play but I  seemed to not hear  his  request.  Marsha pulled in, I invited her to play  and she had to fix dinner for Tim so I invited  Ardra to play but then  Marsha said she could  play so I  disinvited Ardra and I hope we are all still friends.

The Mexican train game was played in Chris and Mimi's  coach .  He continues to pour a mean glass of Kendall Jackson.  Chris, Mimi Betty and  Marsha played Mexican Train  using  Chris'  rules with Marsha' s rules  too and all  I can recall is that I did not win.  We laughed, cried and spoke in Dutch.  Mimi shared how they met and  recalled  her experiences with the war in Europe.  We are all thankful that we are  here today.  Gotta love Chris and Mimi!
Betty

Of course we're all still friends!  Goodness, Marsha had to play the rematch - I was only filling in if she couldn't make it.  Glad you had a great evening with old friends.

ArdraF

Unofficial Quartzsite dining guide.     

GRUB STEAK

Location                      $$$$$
Parking                      $$$$$
Ambiance                    $$$$$
Entertainment            $$$$
Food                            $$$
All you can eat shrimp  $
Waiting for food          1/2  $

Dining with the RV Forum Quartzsite Group      Priceless

The only thing you need to know about the Grubstake is Jamie Baker.

10/10

Well said Gary. The food was a long time arriving but the company was great so I didn't even mind. Now, not having enough shrimp for all you shrimp eaters was another story. Perhaps next year we should have an All You Can Eat (AYCE) Shrimp dinner here at the rally site.......

Wendy

Well they are  pulling out today like flies.  I was sorry to see Dea and Mike leave  but they have a long trip back to Texas  for their jobs and  they are  taking the  grandgirls to Grand Canyon on the way home.  A good deal for them!

Saw Bob and Susan leave and was able to say a quick goodbye.  Seems some really good RV friends of theirs were involved in a head on collision ( not hospitalized) but rig totaled and lots of "stuff " to deal with so they are going over to the Northern  AZ area to help them out. The commented on how nice everyone was to them and said they would be back!

Saw another rig leave but I think they were just going to the dump.  How is it that almost every conversation leads to black water? Oh yeah, Jeff and George are out playing golf. Terry is following Barb and Frank  and I saw  Larry and Mary Ann go too this morning. They are headed out on a 4 wheel adventure to Dripping Springs.  Saw Dean go out  then back in, in  his  the car but did not get the skinny on where he went.  A New York rig next to us pulled out this morning  (Sorry I never got to  meet them,)  so  for now I can see who is at the fire ring.

I am  spending the day doing dishes and  thinking of Aloha clothes to wear and  pu pus to make for the  4 pm Luau. 

Glad Betty was able to see Susan and Bob and get the skinny on their early departure. I saw them leaving but by the time I figured out who it was and got outside, they were long gone.

We've got lots of decorations and some prizes for the luau tonight so be sure to be there.

Wendy

Who wants to go to the Grubstake tomorrow night for All You Can Eat Fish ??

JUST KIDDING !
Wendy

Betty suggested that, if we were there, I could bring out the ukulele. OTOH if I did that, they'd leave in droves  ;D

If I make it for the pot luck, I'm bring the same dish that I brought to the Catalina Rally Potluck, 'cause I'll be rolling by Phoenix.

Anyone know the last Walmart, Fry's or Kroger's going West on I-10 through Phoenix? thanks in advance. . .

Will anyone be there after Sunday to go 4 wheeling with me if my toad is ready or to take me if it isn't and I come with just the coach???

Bob Maxwell said:
Anyone know the last Walmart, Fry's or Kroger's going West on I-10 through Phoenix? thanks in advance. . .
Someone just told me it was a Walmart in Goodyear.

Frank and Barb, Jerry and Ardra, Larry and Mary Ann and Terry just got back from a fun time 4-wheeling to Dripping Springs.  Hope to have some pix later.

We had a fantastic Happy Hour Luau tonight. Folks filled 3 tables with pupus and I told Mike to eat hearty because that was dinner. So much food, so little time. There were Tropical decorations and music. Awards were given to newbies and several folks who dressed up quite nicely. It's always so great when Forumites get into the spirit of things :)  I saw a lot of pictures being taken and hope a bunch of them get posted here.

Thanks for making this a great time.
4WDing tomorrow.
Wendy

Update from Mike and Dea.
We made it to Williams Az. around 4:00pm.  We are staying in Grand Canyon Railway RV Park.  We had a smooth trip today, very little wind.  We purchased our train tickets for the trip to the South Rim Grand Canyon Saturday.  The girls are looking forward to it.  But the park has a ground and they are just as happy.
We had a great time at the Rally, looking forward to future when we are retired and not have worry about a schedule.  Until the next time, Safe Rving?
Mike and Dea

Attachments

• Granddaughets playing the desert.JPG
    Granddaughets playing the desert.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Eating smores.JPG
    Eating smores.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Happy hour.JPG
    Happy hour.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Sunset 1-25-2012.JPG