2012 Thor ACE 29.2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question:  Is your Jensen radio lousy at keeping time?  Ours in the 30.1 takes only 1 week to become 20 minutes off.  I leave the motorhome plugged-in in our driveway.

Feedback on the common concern of the small back storage in the 30.1 compared to the 29.2/.1.  I've found with all the underside storage and other openings we have ample room for our family of 4.  We can't dump a bike in the locker like you could with a 29 but we're definitely liking the extra space in the bedroom.

Also the TV swings out to let the kids watch from the front seats or the bunk so the person prepping dinner isn't in the way of it.  My wife is only 5' tall so never an issue for her to be at the counter anyway...

We're planning to tow a 4000 lbs boat/trailer and bring the bikes on one trip.  This adapter from Valley Industries allows us to accomplish it:  http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Towing-Hitches/Valley-Multi-Purpose-Ball-Mount.  The towing hitch bike racks are all limited to 3500 lbs towing capacity.

I havn't had the radio on(not in disconnect) for longer than 5 days at a time so far and it hasn't lost any time yet. 

jjbescher said:
Yes, there are outlets on both sides under the cabinet.

Excellent, thanks!  Next silly question: how much space is available for a DVD player for the main cabin TV?  I heard that there is an HDMI connector for the TV located in the cabinet where the drop-down bed controls are mounted in the main cabin. How "deep" is this cabinet?

Cheers!
cj

cuppajoe said:
Excellent, thanks!  Next silly question: how much space is available for a DVD player for the main cabin TV?  I heard that there is an HDMI connector for the TV located in the cabinet where the drop-down bed controls are mounted in the main cabin. How "deep" is this cabinet?

Cheers!
cj

The cabinet is pretty deep.  I would say it will handle a normal DVD players depth pretty easily.

jjbescher said:
The cabinet is pretty deep.  I would say it will handle a normal DVD players depth pretty easily.

Yes it's a nice easy set-up!  We just bought a DVD player for it and will hook it up tomorrow.  Our first trip with our ACEnis this Friday.  I can't wait!

I'm a computer nerd so I rip all our DVD's to a hard drive on our home theatre PC then copy a selection to whatever device we're bringing in the ACE such as an Asus Transformer Android tablet, iPad or Macbook.  Pretty much everything can be hooked up to HDMI these days so that's our DVD player and music source.

Guess I'm off topic a tad now. :)

jemz said:
Yes it's a nice easy set-up!  We just bought a DVD player for it and will hook it up tomorrow.  Our first trip with our ACEnis this Friday.  I can't wait!

cuppajoe said:

Cheers!
cj
Cabinet is 13 inches deep. I am having laptop there and playing my pirated movies instead dvd player. If I want to play dvd, laptop do the job also.

New here and shopping for an ACE 29.2 - a couple of questions have come up that I hope you can help with. I plan to tow a 2012 jeep wrangler soft top - does anyone else tow? Enough power towing? Even in the mountains? The jeep has a curb weight around 4000lbs  - since the ACE has a hitch rating of 5000lb I'm assuming I'm ok there and yes, I have brakes for the Jeep. I'm looking at both 2012 and 2013 units - does anyone know what changes they have made to the 2013? I've looked on their website and can't tell. Thanks for your help.

The one I have is 2013 model. I don't think that they made any changes. I could be wrong, but 2012 and 2013 looks the same.

I think I read that the macerator is standard in the 2013 but not the 2012.  Again, I could be wrong.  Mine is the 2013 too. I guess overall there is not much (or any) difference.

Any body know how you get into the overhead bunk. In all the forums, pictures and videos I have looked at, nobody has said or shown how

high desert rver said:
Any body know how you get into the overhead bunk. In all the forums, pictures and videos I have looked at, nobody has said or shown how

There is a key lock/unlock pad near the front door attached to the cabinet.  Turn the key and the bed will fold down.  It's all mechanical.

high desert rver said:
I know about the key lock, but how once the bed is down do you get in it, does it come with a ladder.
Ohhhhh, sorry!  You just have to climb up there.  :D  I haven't done it my self but if you use the dinette or sofa to give you a boost that should work.  Our dealer said there was also a ladder you could buy to use if you have small kids.  This would be an after market item, not something that came with the coach.

Have another ?. I am 6' and need leg room and good support for my back while driving. Does the drivers seat have a lot of adjustment to it and is electric.

One of the guys will have to give you a full answer on this.  I can tell you that our 2012 is not electric.  My husband is just under 6' and he says he is quite comfortable when driving.

Lesh said:
Ohhhhh, sorry!  You just have to climb up there.  :D  I haven't done it my self but if you use the dinette or sofa to give you a boost that should work.  Our dealer said there was also a ladder you could buy to use if you have small kids.  This would be an after market item, not something that came with the coach.

Yes, if you stand on the dinette bench you can step onto a platform behind the drivers seat (probably put there for that reason) and up into the bunk.  Even my 3 year old can do it. I bet a ladder would rarely be necessary.

there is no electric adjustment for seat. But i am 1.82m tall and have long legs. i have seat in close to the steering wheal position when I drive. you have plenty of legroom there. but best would be to get demo ride.

If anything the Thor Ace is built for tall people.  My 5 foot wife can't comfortably drive it without pedal extenders.  I'm 5 foot 6 inches and have the seat all the way forward.  It killed the deal for us initially when my wife tried it out until I figured out the extenders.

Manual seats weight much less; maybe save a bit of gas? ;)

On a different topic my 30.1 has the Jensen JRV212T radio.  I turned on all the automatic weather alerts and amazingly it even works here in Mississauga/Toronto.  I went to the RV just now to close the hatches before the big thunderstorm and the radio had auto turned on to warn us.  Read your manual to check the settings and set what level of alerts you have turned on.

The NOAA alerts are very cool.

All the Ace models have a step integrated into the dinnette or on our 30.1 into the couch.  It looks like a flat spot to set a drink.  Would be hard to see in the pictures.  My 7 year old daughter is the size of most 5 year olds and can get in and out fine... I wouldn't say gracefully; but certainly no problem for my 9 year old son.

high desert rver said:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom