2012 Thor ACE 29.2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe someone can help me with something that seems to be missing in my dashboard.

The following specs were found at
  http://www.iseecars.com/car/2012-ford-super_duty_f__53_motorhome-interior  :

Ford Super Duty F-53 Motorhome ?? 2012 ?? 2012 Ford Super Duty F-53 Motorhome Standard Features

Stripped Chassis 190" DRW

Vinyl tilt steering wheel w/speed control
Air conditioning prep pkg
Headlamp switch & knob assembly
Instrumentation -inc: speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip odometer, oil pressure, coolant temp, fuel gauge, trans temp gauge, indicator lights, [message center w/outside air temp, distance to empty]

My question is that I don't seem to have the bracketed features (at the end, above) on my 2013 A.C.E. dash display. All the other specs seem to match my unit. Does anyone have 'message center w/outside air temp, distance to empty' on their A.C.E.?

Harry Joe said:
Maybe someone can help me with something that seems to be missing in my dashboard.

The following specs were found at
  http://www.iseecars.com/car/2012-ford-super_duty_f__53_motorhome-interior  :

Ford Super Duty F-53 Motorhome ?? 2012 ?? 2012 Ford Super Duty F-53 Motorhome Standard Features

Stripped Chassis 190" DRW

Vinyl tilt steering wheel w/speed control
Air conditioning prep pkg
Headlamp switch & knob assembly
Instrumentation -inc: speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip odometer, oil pressure, coolant temp, fuel gauge, trans temp gauge, indicator lights, [message center w/outside air temp, distance to empty]

My question is that I don't seem to have the bracketed features (at the end, above) on my 2013 A.C.E. dash display. All the other specs seem to match my unit. Does anyone have 'message center w/outside air temp, distance to empty' on their A.C.E.?

I don't have access to my ACE right now, but I do remember having the outside temperature shown on the dash.

Harry Joe said:
Does anyone have 'message center w/outside air temp, distance to empty' on their A.C.E.?

Yes.  It's my husbands favorite button.  It's one of three buttons to the right of the odometer.  It's labelled "info" and displays on the odometer.

If it is anything like my Caravan, to see those features you have to operate the trip mileage reset key and the display changes (rotates through the various settings). Bear in mind , mine is a Dodge without the message centre and these items replace the total miles display when used.

Thanks! Don't I feel dumb...I'm usually the guy who reads the ENTIRE new car manual (AND gets guff for it). I guess that there were so many appliances & systems that I missed some truck details.
BTW, I've now changed the control arms to the inboard holes on the rear antisway bars. Since changing the fronts to the inboard holes made such a positive change in handling, that additional change made sense. Both cost nothing and are reversible. I've yet to drive with the rears changed.

Took our 29.2 out on our maiden trip a couple of weeks ago and everything went well!  No real issues to speak of...knock on wood.  As others have mentioned watching the TV is somewhat of a challenge from the dining table, or even the couch.  I was wondering if anyone has mounted a bracket/swivel to the TV in the main living area and if so was it difficult to do?  Any tips?

Thanks in advance and safe travels to all!

Mike & Elaine

Team Whatever said:
I was wondering if anyone has mounted a bracket/swivel to the TV in the main living area and if so was it difficult to do?  Any tips?

We would also like to hear opinions on this.  TV watching is such a pain sometimes.  We would really love to install a swivel or something that will make the TV more accessible.

ChinMusic said:
The location of the TV looked like a deal-breaker for me.

Really?  I didn't even want a TV when we started looking for RV's.  Camping isn't about watching TV for me so even though I partake at night, I would never make its location or inconvenience a deal breaker.  There are plenty of books, magazines and games to keep me entertained at night!  :)

Team Whatever said:
  As others have mentioned watching the TV is somewhat of a challenge from the dining table, or even the couch.  I was wondering if anyone has mounted a bracket/swivel to the TV in the main living area and if so was it difficult to do?  Any tips?
The TV angle doesn't seem that bad to me. We do use the driver's seat swivelled around - which directly faces the TV. As I thought about a swivel type bracket for the TV a la 29.1, I couldn't see how to improve the angle much other than a slight downward angle or a slight swivel to the driver's side.

It is interesting how different people see things differently.
I personally love position of TV screen. When we watching tv, we like to lye back on the sofa. That is perfect for us and position of screen is great. I some time watch from drop down bed. I imagine that this would be preffered position for kids.
But really there is no problem to use different bracket with swivel arm. Any rv place will be able to advice you on this and change should not be expensive.
One thing I really would appreciate with this RV would be more accurate system reading level in water tanks and gray and black tank. That is about only thing I would like to improve on.

Lesh said:
Really?  I didn't even want a TV when we started looking for RV's.  Camping isn't about watching TV for me so even though I partake at night, I would never make its location or inconvenience a deal breaker.  There are plenty of books, magazines and games to keep me entertained at night!  :)
To each his own.  In my backpacking world we have a phrase.  HYOH

Generator fix & water pressure fix:
After talking to a Thor tech (Pat) with my concerns about potential generator problems he sent me the insulation kit: several feet of gas line insulation, large metal panel & new louvered door (top 40% heavy screen).
Since I'm ~250 miles from a Thor dealer, he said that I could have warranty repairs done locally. Since NO places would agree to bill Thor, I PAID for the work....now awaiting reimbursement.
BTW, the most time consuming repair was diagnosing and fixing a water flow problem. It turns out that manufacturing debris was plugging the fresh water outlet pipe between the tank and pump (first, find the plug...of course you can't see most of the tubing); that was chased down and the tank removed, dried, cleaned and reinstalled. I haven't checked if the fix worked as yet and hope that it will not reoccur.

Hello All,

I am a new Ace 29.2 owner. And this is my first post.  We picked up our ACE, packed and have been on road for the past 3 weeks.  I love the Ace, but some issues are driving me nuts.  I've read all the posts but can't find similar issues.

First, a knocking / rubbing noise behind the driver.  It sounds like it is coming from the pullout wall, but I think it is actually coming from the top of the pullout. On bumpy roads it is very annoying.  Can anyone help?
Second, the black/grey water tanks fill too fast.  There needs to be some simple switch from inside to turn on the macerator or a bypass on the driver side.  Since I'm on the road I've not been able to arrange for a permanent gravity feed connection on the driver side.  Help?  I have pump several times a day -especially if the kids take a shower or we wash the dishes.
Third- the shower head restricts the water too much. The water comes out fine everywhere else, but the shower comes out like a drop.  Has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks so much.

Hi Harry Joe

I have same noise above driver like you. We find out reason why. There is plastic roller on top of the slide and this roller is doing the noise during the driving. My friend Kelly put his hand there during the driving and managed to hold it, and noise stopped. In my case we used retractible arm to stop the movement. I just put the arm on top part of the slide and stop excessive movement that way. You must find exact place and angle where to put the arm to get the result. In my case it is 2 inches above the truck. The retractible arm was supplied with the rv to me.
I have no problem with the tanks since we are only 2 people using RV. There is issue with sensors in my case. They are just not accurate at all. They showing 2/3 full (Gray and Black) all the time, I checked that they are empty and reading was 2/3 full. That really upset me. Fresh water reading is ok.

if you like the switch to be inside, that should be simple job for any auto electrician. But you must be sure that your pump is not running dry.

Thanks for the reply.  Was I suppose to get an arm supplied?  I didn't read anything about this in the manual.  I have to ear plugs until I get home.  At least now I know where to look. 

I did read about others getting different types of sensors for the tanks.  I just think that while the system is cleaner, there should be a simple gravity fed solution on the driver side.  I think I will wire the macerator switch inside.  I find it really loud so hearing when the tanks are empty shouldn't be a problem.

Did you have any problems with your shower water pressure? 

Thanks again

No But I think that there can be problem just with your shower head. try to clean it. I lost pressure in my sink tub and cleaned the net inside the tub head. Problem was fixed. That should be your first place to look I think.

sbrain said:
Hello All,

I am a new Ace 29.2 owner. And this is my first post.  We picked up our ACE, packed and have been on road for the past 3 weeks.  I love the Ace, but some issues are driving me nuts.  I've read all the posts but can't find similar issues.

First, a knocking / rubbing noise behind the driver.  It sounds like it is coming from the pullout wall, but I think it is actually coming from the top of the pullout. On bumpy roads it is very annoying.  Can anyone help?
Second, the black/grey water tanks fill too fast.  There needs to be some simple switch from inside to turn on the macerator or a bypass on the driver side.  Since I'm on the road I've not been able to arrange for a permanent gravity feed connection on the driver side.  Help?  I have pump several times a day -especially if the kids take a shower or we wash the dishes.
Third- the shower head restricts the water too much. The water comes out fine everywhere else, but the shower comes out like a drop.  Has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks so much.

When we went on our first trip there was a HORRIBLE slapping/squeaking/grinding noise coming from behind the drivers seat.  My husband was ready to pull over and blow the thing up.  We took it in to be checked (along with all the other minor things we had issues with) and were told that the awning over the slide wasn't fully wrapping when the slide went in so it was slapping against the coach while we were driving.  They tightened it and put grommets to prevent it from happening again.  Thankfully that terrible noise went away.  Unfortunately, a rubbing noise you are probably referring to is one that we are hearing now.  It only happens on our way back from trips though.  Going things are nice and peaceful, but on our way home it starts making the noise.  It really isn't that bad, but it is quite annoying.  We believe that its the rubber seal inside the coach rubbing against the wall.  We have tried all kinds of things, but we can't get it to go away.  I think it has something to do with the alignment of the slide.  It is bearable so we aren't going to do anything about it right now.  If something else sends us to service we might have it checked out.  I think this is just one of those noises that has to be tolerated in an RV.

The grey/blank tank do fill up way too fast, many of us have complained of this.  The tanks are very, very small for a class A, but that is the compromise for the cheaper price.  My husband and I almost fill both tanks up on a 3 day, 2 night trip and we don't take shows or do all of our potty breaks in the RV.  How many people are traveling with you?  You will have to find a way to conserve water when doing dishes, washing hands etc.

My husband and I took one shower in the RV and decided never again.  #1, it fills the tanks too fast and #2 the water flow isn't enjoyable.  After a long, sweaty day I want a nice hot shower with a good shower head.  You just aren't going to get that in the ACE.  I think that all RV shower heads restrict water pressure to some extend to save water b/c showers will fill up a tank super fast.  Do you have to shower in your RV?  Almost all campgrounds, state parks, etc. have really nice facilities.  That's where we do all of our showering.

We are newcomers to the RVing world and are considering a new RV.  There are just 3 of us in our family and we do a lot of sporting events, and activities where there probably isn't a RV hook up most of the time (stadiums, hotels, etc.).  We were initially considering the 2013 Coachman Concord but were introduced to the 2013 Thor A.C.E while at the dealership.  It really got our attention with the space and was priced significantly less.  Any thoughts on the pros and cons of these two coaches and/or any other suggestions that may be helpful?  Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
J. Morrison
Temple, Texas

Just back from our first significant roadtrip.  We circled Lake Erie over 15 days staying in Monroe MI for 3 nights, Niagara Falls for 2 nights, Quarryville PA for 5 nights, Ligonier PA for 2 nights, and Sandusky OH (Cedar Point) for 2 nights. 

We did have lots of small things to add to our repair list.  The only big thing was the generator overheating several times.  Fortunately it never happened at a very inconvenient time.  Our biggest problem was our own fault.  DH drove under a bridge with too little clearance and mangled up the airconditioner.  That was a major bummer and major hassle.  We did manage to get it fixed after a few days and luckily the nights were fairly cool and no rain.

The tanks are annoying.  We have to dump everyday wih our family of 6 even though the kids don't shower in it.  The difficult part is knowing when the tanks are actually full.  We generally wait until the grey water backs up into the shower.  I notice he kitchen sink starts to drain slowly right before that, so that can be our sign to dump.  Our grey is always full before the black.  I fill the black with additional fresh water (when we're hooked up) before dumping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharod
Back
Top Bottom