2012 Vista 35F dash message center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackrobnett

In the Ford F53 brochure it states the message center does the following: MPH, RPM, Engine Hour Meter,
Average Fuel Economy, Distance-to-Empty, Outside Temperature, System
Check (Brake & Fuel Fluid Levels, Engine & Trans. Temperature, Oil Pressure)

However mine does not show average fuel economy. They probably do not want anyone to know. I was wondering if Winnebago reprogrammed it to delete this item? It has the rest of the items.

Has anyone noticed this? Any fixes?

We have a 2011 with a Ford motor and called them right after we got the coach . I was told that mine did not have the mpg on it. They said the newer ones did mine was built in January of 2011. But it seems to me if it has miles to empty it would have to know what kind of mpg you where getting. Maybe try calling Ford Customers service line . It is a 1-800 number and you should have a card in your books from Ford with that number. I have been going over all my books Ford and Winnebago as our coach is in storage till April 1st. If you do indeed find out how to get it to come up in the message center please let us know hear. I started out about 6.0 mpg but have 6,600 miles on it now and get right around 7.5 mpg. It might get to 8 or 8.5 but that is with driving 55 mph or 62 and flat roads . My 2003 Sightseer got about the same but I am always towing a 4,700 pound SUV so if you are going so lo you might get higher. Hops this helps.

I doubt if Winnie would bother - reprogramming the driver info center is not a trivial task. Call the Ford Motorhome Hotline and ask them why you don't have the advertised function (have your VIN handy)

This 24 hour, seven-days-a-week hotline was designed to serve both motorhome owners and RV dealers. By dialing 1-800-444-3311, the caller has access to the nearest appropriate service location, assistance in scheduling a service appointment and service assistance for motorhome customers and RV dealers in resolving Ford chassis-related concerns.

The information center is just a viewport into the computer; it should have access to the same things a Scan Gauge does. I expect it may be programmable in the same manner as a Scan Gauge; if so it should be a fairly simple matter to correct the problem. In fact, I'd expect that you could program it for other useful things like Transmission Temperature as well.

Check with the dealer/manufacturer although they may well deny the feasibility to avoid having to do a lot of this reprogramming.

If that doesn't work, consider getting a scan Gauge!

Ernie

I was also reading in the Ford book if you pull your start battery or shut it off with the switch by the door that it will take a while for it to reprogram the system and will keep track of your driving habits.If it can figure miles to empty it has to figure how much MPG you are getting. I let the tank get low once and a bell rang and said 75 miles to empty then 30 miles to empty and a green light came on.I filled up a a Flying Jays and the gallons I put in was close to what the information center said.But when you scroll through the options MPG does not come up. I will once again try and call to see if there is a way to reprogram it to see it.

I called Winnebago awhile back about not having the MPG.  I was told that Winnebago does not order that function, but if I called Ford they might be able to help get it back.  I have not taken the time to call Ford yet.  Have been to busy having fun in TX.  I have a Scan Gauge on and use it.  I am always within 1.5 gallon of it on fill up so I am not sure that that function is needed but would be fun to compare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom