2012 vs 2015 F350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So when buying you have to look at build date, not model year...  just another way to screw with the consumer...

I'm a no debt vote. Off gassing from the new stuff in the new ones ain't too good. The warranty on the used one sounds good.

My friends always buy new they are afraid of issues with used vehicles. They bought a newer 25' TT for like 15k and owe 5k on it still can't sell. I'm looking on CL and got a '99 37' with slide out for 3750. I could fix it, use it for a couple years and sell it for more than what I bought it for plus the repairs.

Same with vehicles. I don't see any good reasons to actually pay for vehicles or trailers.  I just get good deals on used stuff, have a good time with it for a few years then sell for more than what I paid for. I dunno, I just see so many other alternatives to buying new. For 40k you can buy waterfront land and built a cabin. Opportunity cost.

Talked to a guy who had a 6.7 in a 2012 F250 and he said the brakes were much improved after the 2012 model year.  Don't know if this applies to f350 or not.  Might ask a Ford truck tech in a big dealership who might know.  Another way is to a Auto Parts store to look up brakes for 2012 and then 2015.  I did that for lots of friends when I owned a Parts store.

I have a 2011 6.7 F250 (see signature). I carry a Lance 855 truck camper. It never comes off he truck.  It is a fantastic truck. The brakes are great, and the truck is a beast with the turbo. The brakes easily stop the truck and camper.  Put it in tow/haul mode and you can comfortably cruise downhill at your choice of speeds without using the brakes. I hear the trailer controller is fantastic, but I don't have a trailer anymore to test it. The bucket seat with the center console is fantastically comfortable. Great back saver. If the 2015 is better, you couldn't beat it.

Well, I went with the 2012.

It's big and fun and loaded. $8,000 may not be a huge difference from a new 2015, but then again $8,000 is still a lot of money, and the 2012 more than fits my needs.

I'm still debating the extended warranty. I have a month to decide. I have 11 months left on the factory warranty and may sell in 18 to 24 months, but I'm also thinking having an extended warranty could help me sell the truck when the time comes.

Wish me luck!

I have been doing A LOT of research RAM v Ford...

If you have your heart set on a Ford, they are fine rigs. But the last, say 15 - 20 hours, of reading, looking, asking around and experience from my work trucks (All Fords 10-14's) Diesels (lineman work)... There supposed to be some big pros to going new...

1) The 6.7L Ford motor places the turbo is the "valley" of the V8, it gets very hot there and turbos HATE Heat. 2015 I hear they either moved it, or got it a heat shield to try to address it. (Haven't nailed that one down)
2) The fuel system on the "older" '10-14 models have failure issues... From the research I have done, Ford was supposed to have addressed this in 2015's.
3) At work we have A LOT of exhaust issues... but we idle all day and run them hard. Not Ideal for DEF motors, old NON EPA Choked out diesel are made for just that. (Rant over) So something to think about.
4) I do not know why, but it seems Ford has been having issues scorching injectors from about '10-12, we have had two do that.

2015 is supposed to be the Mid-Way point for this "generation" of Ford trucks, that is usually a good time to get one. By then all the makers have usually ironed out the bugs.

Back
Top Bottom