2012 Winnebago Grand National Rally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Okay, those of you who haven't attended a GNR, let's get it on your to-do list for 2012!  Those who have been to a GNR, I'm sure you will want to attend another one.

Pretty sure Jane and I will attend the 2012 GNR, so we will look forward to another RV Forum Meet 'n Greet.

Grand National Rally dates:  July 15-20, 2012
Registration form here  (You must be a member of Winnebago Itasca Travelers - WIT Club to attend)
Order a T-shirt

Here's an invitation from Winnebago Itasca Travelers to rvforum members:

"WIT Club is inviting all members to join us in Forest City, Iowa, July 15-20 for the 2012 Grand National Rally. WIT Club News published a special GNR Special Registration Edition that is now available on the WIT Club web site at www.witclub.com. The magazine pdf is found on the Grand National Rally page."

John.......

Having not attended the GNR in the past and fairly new to being a Winnebago owner of less than a year, we are interested in some of the vendors that might attend and what role Winnebago plays in the rally. In short, we are interested in having renovations done to our 2004 Vectra 40AD. Items like flooring, valences, cabinet hardware, shades, lighting, exterior paint touchups, air conditioning repairs and/or upgrade and TV cabinet work for HD TV's.

We are trying to justify the trip this summer to the GNR and if these type vendors don't attend, we may still opt to go, dependent on what other activities are offered. I understand there are seminars but don't know what they are so any listing would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Fred

Hey Fred,

Basically the vendor population consists of those who supply Winnebago like King Controls, MCD, A&E, etc.  The GNR really isn't the place for upgrades but you could for example pick out your new MCD shades and order them.  Elkhart Indiana is really the place to be for major upgrades, new paint, etc.  In Elkhart I can recommend Bradd and Hall, but there are others around the country.

Your best bet for upgrade shopping would be an FMCA convention, but you should attend at least one GNR - the technical seminars are most excellent and highly recommended for new owners.

Thanks John for your recommendations and others have recommended Elkhart as well, so will probably go that route in the future.

There's a very good chance we'll attend the GNR out of curiosity and hopefully get a factory tour at the same time.

BTW, your upgrade details on this forum are very helpful, such as the AC and TV threads, as we have the same coach model.

Fred

John - My Jane and I are going to attend the GNR this year, just got our confirmation email.  Its the first Rally we have ever attended and are looking forward to the experience.  So how do members of this forum meet up at the Rally?    Tom

Good deal Tom!  I will arrange for an rvforum meet 'n greet in a seminar tent, and that will be announced right here in this thread.  Assuming we will go (a very good assumption at this point), I'll make a post about where we are parked so anybody can drop by and say hi (when we're aboard that is!)

As an interesting side note, I got an official e mail from WIT that Sunnybrook towables are officially invited to the GNR this year. Both new owners and owners of previous Sunnybrook rigs.  (Sunnybrook is the towable RV line that Winnebago purchased a year or so ago).  This should make the GNR look different this year!

Yeah - how about that!  At one of the GNRs I saw a Winnebago made 5th wheel - talk about sticking out like a sore thumb!  Had to take a picture of that.

Marty - you guys going to GNR?

Not this year John, we are making the Alaska trip finally. We will be heading north about June 1st and probably wont be back until around Sept some time.  We will go next year though.

I may wind up being an officer of the WIT LEO group.  Then I would be going several years in a row!

We are booked as well, can't pass up a pirate theme 8) . Glad to hear that you are going John, look forward to seeing you again.

Sorry to hear that Marty & Diane aren't but I hope for a wonderful and safe trip for you! Hope you share upon your return.

Thanks Dar! We will be back next year. I have been wanting to make the Alaska trip for quite some time. Now is as good a time as any.......

We have just sent the cheques in for the GNR and will be in the Michigan row. :) I do hope to meet many of you of whom I have followed the blogs on this forum from.WE also sent the cheque in for the golf cart and did not forget the top for the extra $35. If it is as hot as it was last year I think the top will be a necessity. We got the AC duct repaired and I am anxious to see how well the basement air keeps the coach cool. 8). Now all we have to do is use some of the kids inheritance to pay for the gas for the coach :eek:.

codgerbill said:
We got the AC duct repaired and I am anxious to see how well the basement air keeps the coach cool. 8) .
That is great news cause last year was a scorcher! We had no problems keeping our 33' Adventurer cool on 30amp with the basement air but I know others suffered in their 40 footers on 30amp. Generally we stay in lower D but opted for 50amp this year since we are one of those 40 footers now with 3 roof airs and don't trust it on 30amp enough to not cook our dog :'( . Look forward to seeing you at the meet-n-greet!

Seems like it's always hot for the GNR!  We do okay on 30 amp power, so we'll be in the Texas row.  Looking forward to seeing everybody.  We should have the same tent/date/time reserved for our Meet 'n Greet.

Back
Top Bottom