2013 Death Valley Mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we did  part of Saline Valley yesterday, maybe Hunter Mountain too.  AND  brunch at Furnace Creek Inn  this  morning causes me to  have a big nap.  It is a gorgeous day.  High of 75 expected!

Betty

Hunter Mountain and cabin is one of my favorite places in the park. Did you make it to the 'clothing optional' hot springs in Salina valley ?

Maybe we should go back to DV in 2 years and explore  we and unusual areas ?

Wendy
Lake Havasu City

The dental work Betty referred to is...I lost a cap on one of my teeth and here's the story.  I did not notice it until about 3 pm on the way back from a trail ride.

The gold cap was gone so to save money I wanted to find it and have it re-glued in place.  On the other hand, the most likely place it could have been was in me.  I must have swallowed it. 

That said...for the next four days I carefully searched for it and I mean carefully! 

Frank kept reminding me to Fish before I Flush.

Henry got his metal detector out and ran it from my neck to my belly and did get a Signal near my Belly Button.  Henry also loaned me some rubber gloves which I promised to return but he insisted that I keep them.

So SEVEN times, including an hour before my dental appointment, I used the rubber gloves to squish around searching for my Gold crown.  What fun!  Ardra wouldn't even look.

In the end I did NOT find Gold but I did learn something.  If you ever have a cap that even feels loose pull it off and carefully save it.  Fishing before Flushing is not the way to go!

As a result of not finding the cap the Dentist had to make a new cap.  The cost of the new one was $928.  This was an expensive abortive gold mining expedition!

JerryF

Jerry ... you have my props for being a really, really good sport!  What an unpleasant fishing expedition.  ;D

Margi

Mike had the same thing happen But he was able to find his crown 3 days later. $25 to re-attach it.  Saved a lot of money, but I'm not sure I would have wanted it back in my mouth after where it had been :(

Still chuckling about Jerry's search for  gold.  Sorry he was not successful. I still think it will be found!

We left Death Valley this morning leaving only Henry and Margaret who were on their way to Scotty's Castle today.  We are overnighting in Quartzsite and will land home in Yuma in the morning.  It was an incredible visit.  Death Valley needs day and days and days to explore.  Plus I am ready for a few  days off!

Sunset  in Q was glorious!

Maybe again  in 2 years?

Well yuck! I can't imagine 'fishing' for something, with or without a rubber glove, and having it put back in my mouth  :eek:

I agree with Margi that Jerry is a good sport. But this is definitely not modus operandi for the Fitzgeralds.

But Jerry was such a good sport and you can't imagine all the conversation that led to laughs as we asked Jerry each day, how things came out!

I'm pretty certain gold would sterilize very well.  Regarding his mining  experience I can only say Gold miners are hearty  stock!

Again may I say what a fun time  the 4 couples had in Death Valley.  Terry commented last night on how much more fun it is to go to such places as a group .  We are grateful daily for our RVForum friends! 

Let's do it again sometime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom