2013 F-150 EcoBoost towing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goldstar225 said:
After reading the above comments I'll post this at the risk of being slammed.

I own a 2014 F-150 Supercrew ecoboost 4X4 and tow an Outback 277RL (35 feet hitch to bumper) that weights +/- 9,000 pounds ready for a trip (I don't pay attention to dry weights, they're meaningless and often inaccurate).  I use an equal-I-zer hitch with a typical tongue weight of 1100 pounds.  Unlike the OP's truck mine has the max tow option giving me a tow rating of 11,100 pounds.  I keep my max cargo capacity of 1840 in mind and don't exceed it.

I've driven in storms with gusting crosswinds of 35-45 MPH with no sway or significant push.  Semi trucks meeting or passing me give just a slight push, just enough to know that they're there, no more.  The ecoboost engine does just fine.  on level ground at 55 I'm turning 1500 RPM in 6th gear.  A 5 percent grade will drop me to 3rd gear running at 60 MPH.

In short I'm very pleased with the performance of my F-150.  Where I tow it does an excellent job.  I'll admit in a heartbeat that if I were driving in the true mountains out west I would opt for an F-250 with a diesel.
I'm pulling a Palomino Puma that's about the same length and weight with a 4X4 F150 Supercrew and have no problems with it either.

guitardoc64 said:
I'm pulling a Palomino Puma that's about the same length and weight with a 4X4 F150 Supercrew and have no problems with it either.

YET

I HAVE BOTH A 1/2 ton and a 1 ton  please trust me when i say yet
Cheers

I pulled an 8800lb TT that was 32" nose to tail roughly 20,000 miles all over the united states with a 2011 ccsb 3.5 ecoboost 4x4o-r w/ 3.73 gears. Set the hitch up right and use anti-sway bar(s) as designed and enjoy the ride. I would caution you about the squirmy factory tires, go to an e-rated tire and the wiggle will go away.

steveblonde said:
. Lol .they say with age comes wisdom, wait they also say with age come wrinkles. 

Steve,

Does that mean a very wrinkly person is also a very wise one?  If so, I missed out somhow... I think I'll just go over there and sit in the corner until supper...  :(

kwbush said:
Steve,

Does that mean a very wrinkly person is also a very wise one?  If so, I missed out somhow... I think I'll just go over there and sit in the corner until supper...  :(
i may have to join you lol

Back
Top Bottom