2013 Montana Exit Window Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graham J

Greetings,

I'm new to the Forum and hoping there are some experienced window folks out there, as I'm feeling pretty dumb right now. I've had this rig since new and been happy to fix a few annoyances when necessary. However, the release catch on the rear exit window broke and I bought a replacement as it seemed easy to fix (couple of pop rivets ought to do it). When I opened the window, it appeared to catch in the open position, then came out without warning. Thinking it was a "quick release" for safety reasons I figured it would likely just pop back in as easy as it came out, but no such luck!

Have spoken to the dealership, who said it should slide in from the side, but there's no chance as the rear window set is recessed. Even if it wasn't there's no access to the slide in this fashion.

I've seen some posts from last year on the same issue, but no resolutions were posted, so thought I'd give it another try.

Many thanks for any assistance you can offer. I'm at a site right now with a garbage bag over the window so feeling a little silly.

Best Regards

G

Hi, that's not so good.  Have you tried calling the manufacturer directly, they should have a customer service line and I would expect they would be happy to help out.

good luck...

Here is a link to how to replace the window sash if your window is a HEHR brand. It's a little tricky to get it in but it doesn't slide in from the side.

http://carriage-lifestyle-owners-club.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Hehr-6400-VENT-SECTION-REPLACEMENT-INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Many thanks to you both. I think the instructions may help and may call the Keystone folks also.

Will be sure to advise of developments.

Regards

G

OK folks, the window is in!!!!!

The instructional diagram was great in showing that the process I was trying originally was correct. Knowing this, the trick was to get the window located at 90 degrees, then get under the window with some screwdrivers and lever the hinge up and back, to feel the relocation, while a helper gently lowers the window. If resistance is felt, by the helper, apply more leverage at different points to ease the hinge over the lip. Specifically, there are rubber buffers at each end of the track which must be compressed in this fashion to allow the hinge to reach over the lip.

I hope this makes sense, but I would certainly advise against taking this thing out if you don't need to. Looking at the quality of the latch I've just put in I figure it's likely to break again pretty soon, but will not open the window past 45 degrees the next time around.

Many, many thanks.

G

Hey Graham,
I had the same problem with my 2013 Montana.  Were your windows made by Kinro?  Mine fell out of the massive window in the back with a large glass window overtop and another smaller window to the left of it.  I can't seat it for the life of me.

AtTheBeach said:
Hey Graham,
I had the same problem with my 2013 Montana.  Were your windows made by Kinro?  Mine fell out of the massive window in the back with a large glass window overtop and another smaller window to the left of it.  I can't seat it for the life of me.

You may not get a reply. Graham hasn't been back for almost 2 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom