2013 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's okay Margi, I'm bigger than her.  May be older but I'm mightier!!!! Besides I got to sit across from Terry and between Ken and Randy.  A thorn between 3 roses....

SJ

Oh, dear.  Now Tom will be jealous.  He thinks he's your exclusive breakfast buddy.  I just won't tell him.  ;D

Margi

Ken & Sheila said:
Margi,

We had a quiet room and I actually got to hear most of the conversation. What a difference.

ken

That's really wonderful to hear, Ken.  Tom usually can't hear a thing in a noisy restaurant.

Wendy said:
Doesn't anyone ever go to breakfast at 10 ?

Even IF I do get up earlier, 10 is about the right time for breakfast as I am starting to function and can taste food.  If I have anything earlier, it will be a cup(s) of tea, about a pint for starters!

Ned said:
10:00am is nearly lunch time :)
I don't mind someone crowding lunch time with a late breakfast, but one could get awfully close to Happy Hour interference that way, if they're not careful. :D

Just Lou said:
I don't mind someone crowding lunch time with a late breakfast, but one could get awfully close to Happy Hour interference that way, if they're not careful. :D

Happy hour is lunch time, Dinner is late, after 8pm is preferable.  But then I am a night person as bed time is after midnight if I am allowed to by SWMBO!!!!    :)

For the diet minded, here is my perfect day....

Get up at 6AM,4 cups of coffee, read the newspaper, do two or three crossword puzzles, have breakfast at 10 AM, skip lunch, have more coffee, have a couple of beers at 5PM, Think of making dinner... (Microwave),eat at 6PM.
Watch the evening news, hit the bed at 8PM, watch TV and fall a sleep with the TV going full force.

Next morning....repeat. 

The typical day of a guy remembering the good times RV'ing and good times,but unable to do it anymore. It's an age factor.

Not recommended but it is reality....bwaww  :'(

Here is a little quote: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why we call it a present."  Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)

Carson, that sounds very close to my typical day.

And now back to our original topic, I hope :)

Hi to everyone at Catalina, wish we were there.

Another  perfect rally day.  I  vaguely heard Terry leave at  o dark thirty this morning on his way to pick up Russ.  Oh wait the  windsheild is covered with ice and frost ( or so I was told).  Then Jim and Pat drove by so they  took the guys. When Terry returned from breakfast I was still sawing logs......  I went into  old Tucson today at  11 am ( now that is a decent touring hour)  and joined Jerry and Ardra, Mike and Laurie and Debbie.  Debbie was our tour guide having lived lots of her life in Tucson.  First stop La Cocina for lunch.  A bit of a non traditional health food Mexican lunch but  delightful old buildings with even more delightful  company! I was going to have tofu but  last minute I changed to talapia and spinach.  We then wandered around the Artisan shops and watched some of the artist do their thing.  All of the artwork was superb but  most was beyond my budget!  Now the prices did  not compare to Terry's technology budget but whatever........  An unexpected thrill was the presentation by three  Aztec native dancers from Mexico City.  They performed actual native dances and explained the tradition and spirit God that was being honored.  I liked the barefoot fire dancers.  They did caution kids at home to NOT try this one!

From there  we  visited the Tucson Courthouse and grounds. Lovely informative  sculptures, statures, fountains and a beautiful  example of old world architecture.  We looked up the Z mansion on our  I phones.  We love suri!  How did we ever get along without  the instant information of technology? 

A tour of  University of Arizona completed our day  with a final stop at Trader Joes.  How does life get much better?  Upon our return home we noted 9 guys  that it took to add coolant to Randy's rig. I'm sure there is more to that story but I have the photo to prove how many guys it took.  We  had a  nice social hour to welcome Bernie and  Marlene as well as Jeff and Sue our final arrivals of the rally.  No specific plans  mentioned for tomorrow so if you want to do something put your CB on 34 and shout out, but not too early!

Photos to follow after yet another dinner of left over ham! 

Attached are photos of the RVForum pit crew removing a radiator cap from Randys coach.

Attachments

• IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 34
Photos as  promised.  Dancers, diner, Courthouse, sign, more......

Attachments

• IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1736.JPG
    IMG_1736.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1747.JPG
    IMG_1747.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1749.JPG
    IMG_1749.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 31
Hey everyone, I am up here in Phoenix until the 12th, I would have been at the rally but I am having brake problems and I need to get it attended to before I go anywhere. If anyone is coming my way after the rally and would like to stop by for a mini rally or lunch just send me a note.

When we arrived and saw the crowd around Randy's Alfa I thought they were replacing the engine. ;D

If you want to draw a crowd in a campground or at a rally, just open up the engine compartment and watch them gather around.

Just a quick Picture of happy Hour this afternoon -- after everyone returned from Randy's coach. This has been a few days of repairs on multiple coaches.

Attachments

• P1010689resize.jpg
    P1010689resize.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom