2013 RV Forum QZ Rally activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So who, Wendy, is going to write up the boondocking tips for those of us who weren't there???

(And don't just say "You should have been here"!)

[quote author=lucyakers]So who, Wendy, is going to write up the boondocking tips for those of us who weren't there???[/quote]

Good question Lucy. Hopefully we'll have a few gems to add to our library article on boondocking tips.

Thanks for the b'day wishes. I had a great day. Went to breakfast, and my great framily friend Terry bought me breakfast.

Since I'm still not 100% from having the crud, I did not venture out into the rain for happy hour. And I too would be interested in the boon docking tips.

You so right Daisy. I wasn't looking a the sunrise, but at the reflection of the sunrise on the mountains from my coach window.

It's still raining this morning. Hope it quits for photos, and pot luck.

Marsha took notes and will be writing up an article for the library. And, yes, Lucy, you should have been here.

It's still raining and weather forecasts for today are not looking good. We have a couple of options for the potluck but suggestions are welcome.

Wendy

Had we been there, I'd have brought out the uke and we'd have had a singalong.

Meanwhile, did Jim bring out his ukin and play a few numbers?

Rain or shine, Margaret and I will have fried Catfish under our awing or at the fire pit. If raining let's plan on a progressive pot luck. Thanks God for the rain and AT&T for bring my service back after 3 days.
  After that boon docking tip I don't know if I dreamed it or not but I thought I saw Mike and Wendy out dancing in the rain about midnight.

Betty Brewer said:
So where does one get such a treasure?

BB

We found ours in a roadside yard art place on Hwy 59 enroute to Orange Beach, AL where we normally winter. Our unit lasted about a year and half but succumbed to the high winds of the west and it was too hard to troubleshoot burned out bulbs. It required a very special place on the bed when we traveled and I think Christi might have been glad when it was "retired".

I will be in the area again soon and will check into what it takes to have those bad boys delivered to any eager flamingo lovers!

It became such a standard in our park that someone knocked on the door one night, wondering why it was not on. Good times!

Wow.  That's a lot for Quartzsite.  You beat us.  We've only had .77 the last 24 hours in Sutherlin, OR.

Margi

My vote would be to postpone for a day. I see by the Weather Channel on my newly updated Windows 8 laptop that tomorrow should be only partly cloudy with highs around 72. For those that "must" leave we could schedule for late AM so they could still get out of town by end of day.

Thanks to Sue's hard work and a couple of folks volunteering their coaches, there will be a potluck. It will be down at the Cousins coach with the Matthews next to them with awnings together. Henry's across from them and he'll have his awning out, too. We'll move the tables down there. Maybe the rain will even stop for an hour. Don't know about the group picture, maybe this year we'll have groups of 10 pictures. What say you Ray ?

Wendy

I'm not there, so really don't have a vote.  However!  ;D  I would love to see captioned pictures in small groups so that those of us not in attendance might begin to put names with faces we don't recognize.

Margi

All I want to know is who is getting blamed for the rain this time ;)  I can't recall the amount but I don't think you're up to what we had in 2010 when the washes were overflowing, and the RV & Gem Shows were heavily destroyed by the wind. I don't see any eastern canadians in the list of attendees, so it must be one of you western Americans.
    However, we do often mention eating at a restaurant overlooking London Bridge with Framily friends, in what would be normal rainy London weather, plus we also saw snow plows on the roads, which were being used to clear not snow, but rocks and mud where they had been deposited on the highway.
    Miss you all, but no more Q Rallies for us, at least not for now.

Ed

2:00 pm full clouds and rain

3:15 pm  lots of good food and BLUE skies

Life Is Good

All I know is that the comments Betty and Wendy were making about 3:15PM were much nicer than what they were saying about 2:30PM. ::)

And the details to Wendy's timeline.
1:30  Look at sky, figure alternate plans. Begin wiping tables.  Decide to decide at  2:30. Worry and stress.

2:30  Have 3 coaches put out awnings for  fish fry, main dishes and dessert areas.  Still heavy misting. Wipe tables with miracle cloths. Look at radar for signs of storm moving out.  Decide to  bag the group photo as the ground is wet, people are confused.

3:00 Pot luck occurs. Terry sits out in rain close to main dishes.  Rains stops.  Folks bring chairs out around the  3 coaches.  Feeding frenzy begins.  Henry's fresh catfish fry  with fries and tartar sause is a big hit.  People eat standing up so they can mingle among the food coaches. Lots of new dishes.  Clouds part and sun shines.  Ahhhhhhh life is good and it still have never rained on a Quartzsite Potluck.  This was a close one but  we had a good time.  many had to sit on their wet chairs as it has rained so much prior to this event.
4:00 Clear up dishes, start big bon fire, photograph sunset.  Warm self by fire.  Life is sooooo good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom