2013 RVForum Moab ACTIVITIES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wednesday May 14 Activities:

7:30- 8:30  Pancakes at Portal

8 am Delicate Arch Hike  bring water/lunch

9 am Fins and Things 4 Wheel Drive  8:45 drivers meeting at driveway in front of Portal

Maybe more but I forget?

Today was color day in the desert (except for Turkey Vulture rock).  Enjoy,  8)

Attachments

• DSC_7350b.jpg
    DSC_7350b.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_7369b.jpg
    DSC_7369b.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_7383b.jpg
    DSC_7383b.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_7414b.jpg
    DSC_7414b.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_7421b.jpg
    DSC_7421b.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN1978b.jpg
    DSCN1978b.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN2010b.jpg
    DSCN2010b.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN2013b.jpg
    DSCN2013b.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 17
zmotorsports said:
Had a great day today everyone.  A special thanks to Ernie and Tara for hosting such a fantastic evening and for Ron and his wonderful photographs.  What talent the members of the forum posses.

Mike.

Big +2

Ditto plus what  Mike Z said.  The RVForum  has such talent.  A big thank  to Tara for her vocal talents  ( and Ernie for being the sound man)  and a big thank you to Ron  Maribito for sharing his  photo club  slides as well as his very own work.  It was a wonderful evening!

The evening was warm, bug free, moonlit and perfect.  Even Trish showed up quietly in back row.  Thank you to  all who brought lovely treats.  Sheila J we loved the gourmet popcorn.  Tara, you  created treats all day.  And I saw Dale an Dee bring a big cake! ( but I was full)    Day 2 of this rally was beyond good!

We miss all former RVForum attendees.  But hope you are tuned in here!

And betty forgot to mention how good dancer she is. Feast for our eyes. Larry was great dans partner to her. This Texas Blokes can be proud of them self. I think that yol agree with me.

Yep, that Big Larry gave Sheila  a ride on his Harley yesterday, but tonight I got the dance!  Sorry his wife is not feeling well but my  gain.  I'm still thrilled about the whole evening!

Betty

Trip up to Chicken Corner. What a fun day !!! Thanks to our leaders Frank and Barb and our tail gunners Betty and Terry.

Attachments

• Moab 3Rd day 084.JPG
    Moab 3Rd day 084.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Moab 3Rd day 092.JPG
    Moab 3Rd day 092.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Moab 3Rd day 094.JPG
    Moab 3Rd day 094.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Moab 3Rd day 100.JPG
    Moab 3Rd day 100.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Moab 3Rd day 131.JPG
    Moab 3Rd day 131.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 40
Thank you, Wendy and Lorna.  I couldn't find a good picture in the books and finally Googled both ideas.  The Buckwheats just didn't look right, but under Desert Primrose I finally saw a good picture that looks to be it.  What tripped me up was that the ones we saw today were all pink but they turn to white when open so I was looking in the wrong color.  Here's the photo for Desert Primrose.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wdemp3Pka3E/S_RBet-gk8I/AAAAAAAAEZY/ihjsTFRATpQ/s1600/desert%2Bprimrose%2Boenothera.jpg&imgrefurl=http://littlereptile.blogspot.com/2010_05_01_archive.html&h=1200&w=1600&sz=266&tbnid=attQD9t_qy5LhM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=125&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddesert%2Bprimrose%2Bphoto%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=desert+primrose+photo&usg=__pMfR7t_tMWdHCqGDP8Wb39BHQX8=&docid=ADz5IloLMRmTDM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=RBCTUYiHPMXUiwKMgIHQCA&ved=0CGAQ9QEwEA&dur=0

Did  we tell you we have the Young and the Senior ( not old) here on this rally?  I am posting a photo of our favorite  friends on this rally..  Would you believe these guys have a 60 year age difference? 

This internet connection to  RV's,  computers and having fun in Moab, is such a  full filling thing to  our lives!

Ron and Jared.

Attachments

• IMG_4292.JPG
    IMG_4292.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4293.JPG
    IMG_4293.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 29
When Terry asked Shirley ( Ron's wife) the secret to his longevity, her answer was his orneriness.  I really wanted to hear it was his  diet, exercise or  some such  thing I could encourage for my  hubby, but alas Terry  glommed on to being  ornery  as his  goal for RVing till 81.

Sigh

Jared is a wonderful young man with a great set of parents and Ron is  a role model for all of us in life!  What a RVFroum !

Betty Brewer said:
Yep, that Big Larry gave Sheila  a ride on his Harley yesterday, but tonight I got the dance!  Sorry his wife is not feeling well but my  gain.  I'm still thrilled about the whole evening!

Betty

Sheila is a good riding partner and Betty is a good dancing partner, but remember.
What happens in Moab, STAYS IN MOAB.....

THE-BigLarry said:
Sheila is a good riding partner and Betty is a good dancing partner, but remember.
What happens in Moab, STAYS IN MOAB.....

just like Sturgis... or Vegas...

Betty:  Thank you for your kind words.  I hope I still have a few more years of this in my future.  I really enjoyed showing my work to the group last night and hope all enjoyed the photography and art.    It was a beautiful night out, although I thought maybe that storm south of us was going to get in the way.

I may be Terry's idol for age, but he is my idol for 4 wheeling.

Ron

I think that Ron did great. I really love his selection of music for sliding show. After few glasses of wine I felt so romantic. Poor Olga. ;)

For all of you that did not see the slide show last night, if you have a PC, go to www.photodex.com/share/42b2pmg4 and you can enjoy it online.  Thanks for the opportunity to present it to you.  Enjoy.

Ron

ps.  It will not run on a MAC.

I thought you might like to know that we have 20 RVs with 40 people at this rally.  We miss those who had to cancel at the last minute for medical reasons.  Of course that hasn't stopped us from talking about you!  ;D

We were pleased that we changed the Delicate Arch hike to 8:00 a.m. because it still was a reasonable temperature.  We returned to the parking lot by 11:15. The Arch is still beautiful and it hasn't moved since last year.  ::)  There were a lot of people and it was difficult to get a good shot of Delicate Arch without people under it.  Chip and Jerry took pictures of Betty, Don, Mary Ann, and I under the arch.

I still never cease to be amazed at the number of people who go hiking without a hat, water, sunblock, or appropriate shoes.  I'll bet a lot of people we saw today are going to have painful sunburns tomorrow.  Also, we noticed way too many footprints in the fragile cryptobiotic crust - I wish people would stay on the trails and help preserve this wonderful place for future generations!

ArdraF

The Fitzgeralds asked last night to see some of my Photo Escapes.  I was not hooked up to the internet, nor did I have my external hard drive available, but so that you can see them and other work, go to the following link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/remarabito/

You can see numerous albums of my work.  Look specifically for the "Photo Escaps" album.

I will bring a print portfolio to Happy Hour today.  I have prints of 5 of the "Photo Escapes" in the portfolio.

See you then,  Ron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTRDYS
Back
Top Bottom