2013 RVForum Moab ACTIVITIES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For what it's worth, I would be in Ed's camp on this one.  Although my reasons have nothing to do with the weather, and are purely selfish on my part.  I am still a working man and I have the week after Moab off, but not the week before.  Changing it for me would be close to impossible.  But I am just a newbie to the whole rally thing, but I will say, I had the greatest time and these people are the best.  We have already made our Moab reservation for next year.  Should the powers that be decide to make the hop, skip to Bryce & Zion after Moab, we would be there too. JM2C

Steve

Hfx_Cdn said:
    It would be more than a bit presumptuous of us to call a second hop/skip rally 2 weeks after other just had one, and with absolutely no local knowledge.  I was merely adding my 2 cents worth to the timing, as it suites our timing much better.

Ed and Donna or Steve too, I don't think following a schedule that suits your schedule better is  presumptuous at all.  Call it a  mini post rally  or just mention  you would be going to XYZ campground following  Moab.  The beauty of having an RV is flexibility. It is fun to  travel with RVForum friends.  When I planned the first  hop Skip Jump, I had never been to either place.  So the way to get what you  want is just to  be a planner and post the news. If you build it, they will come (cause you are fun folks!)

I suspect that we would also do Zion, Bryce, and maybe Capital Reef, after Moab. Might be fun with one group at Moab that does the rest in 2 groups.

Wendy

We will be scheduling a "pre-Moab" hop-skip at Zion River RV Park and Ruby's Inn (Bryce) because our schedule prevents us from doing it after Moab, BUT that in no way means another group can't do these after Moab as a "post-Moab" rally. Actually I think it would be great, that way those whose schedule dictates before can attend and so can those who want to do it after. After listening to the talk there maybe more people for a "post" rally than the "pre" rally.

After we talk to the parks we will be posting something under Rallies, Shows, & Events.

ken

Margaret and I would like to thank Ardra and Jerry for organizing the Moab Rally. What a great couple who can walk you butt off. A special thanks to Betty for keeping everyone informed of all the daily events. As far as Jeep runs go we couldn't ask for better guides than Frank and Terry. If it wasn't for them I would probably still be stuck on a rock somewhere. Thanks to everyone for the great time we had and hopefully see everyone next year.

Ken & Sheila said:
Debbie sent this to me to post
Picture of Care bear having his breakfast.

ken

Ken, I am teaching my monkey to make my diner for me today. He put to much chili in to my stew. I think that this will have double effect on me.

I will put Ruby's Inn on the before Moab schedual and reserve some time after Moab for whatever the "other" group does.

None of us realized until after they left that Andrea and Gary were missing from the Attendees list so I thought it might be a good idea to have a final tally.  We had 21 RVs with 42 people.  I think we all had a good time.  Thank you all for coming and contributing to its success.

RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013 ATTENDEES BY NAME

Belikoff (Kathy & Larry aka DakotaRed), site R-56
Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking4ar2), site M-16
Borowski (Janette aka Bunky & Chip aka Falconhunter, site M-14
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Dodd (Loretta & Larry aka THE-BigLarry), site R-48
Falchini (Dee & Steve aka Steve N Dee), site M-34
Ferguson (Coleen & Gary aka Taoshum), site 17
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site M-13
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-15
Marabito (Shirley & Ron), site ?
Nesbitt (Mary Ann & Don aka Gmsboss1), site M-33
Perez (Virgie & Fred aka fperez7802), site ?
Pestes (Patricia & Dale aka NJNDale), site M-27
Phillips (Andrea & Gary), site ?
Roscoe (Corinne & Bill aka Photog), site R-53
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site M-32
Stiskala (Olga & Jan), site R-32
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site 5
White (Tara & Ernie), site M-31
Wishard (Margaret & Henry), site R-48
Zueck (Chrystal, Mike aka ZMotorsports & Jared), site R-54

Just a note to all that Loretta and I had so much fun in Moab.  It was great getting to know everyone better.  We look forward to 2014.

However, we are in Page AZ with heavy hearts as many of our friends and neighbors in Moore OK are in serious pain tonight account the Tornado that blew through town this afternoon.  Current count is 51 dead and many of them will be children as a couple of schools took direct hits.  All but one of our friends we have checked on have responded.  We are hoping for that last one to check in but cell towers and phone service does not exist in Moore OK for now and the near future.

Thanks to Ron M. for calling to check on us.  Our property is 20 miles or so north of the affected area and per conversation with our neighbors we are all intact there.  Please keep the city of Moore and those families affected in your prayers.  They need them.

Best wishes to all for safe travels.

"THE BIG LARRY" and Loretta.

So thankful that you and yours were spared.

Really hard for me to understand the magnitude of this disaster, but our prayers are being made for the survivors, their families, the first responders, and the community as a whole as they begin the grieving and rebuilding process.

Don and Mary Ann

Larry and Loretta, thank you for checking in and giving a status report on  your area.  I'm thankful your neighbors and property are  intact and send prayers and well wishes for all families in Moore.  Indeed a sad and painful time for many.  I just don't know what to say.

Betty

Yes, Larry and Loretta, we certainly will be thinking of all those who lost their homes and their lives.  The TV pictures are awful.  It's amazing to me that the previous worst-ever recorded U.S. tornado also went through Moore.  I hope your last friend is doing okay.  A couple of months ago the weather prognosticators were saying we should expect bad weather this spring and summer.  Sadly they were correct.  Hopefully it will quiet down.

We were happy to get to know you both better too.  It's a shame that Loretta was under the weather and wasn't able to join in the merrymaking.  Hopefully she'll be up to par at the next rally.

ArdraF

Larry and Lorreta, it was great meeting you at the rally.  We too will keep the people of Moore in our thoughts and prayers.  Please keep us posted here at to the status of your remaining friends.

On a lighter note, the last remaining 14 framily members still at Portal went ouy for a farewell dinner at the Hacienda Mexican restaurant in town tonight, before 10 of us head out tomorrow.  While the food seemed to be a little spotty, the company was OUTSTANDING!  As the first time attendees, we cannot express how great this rally was for us.  We hope we have made true friends we will have for life, all connected by this forum.  Thanks to each and every attendee who contributed to such a great time.  And yes, we have already made our reservation for next year.  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks again,

Steve & Dee

Isn't it amazing how we can find genuinely fun and nice people over the internet?  I noticed as we walked into La Hacienda for dinner tonight, the fellow who led us to our tables inquired where we were from and Sheila explained we're RVers who are from all over and we met on the internet.  Once again, the inquirer was amazed to hear that.  I love it!!!

ArdraF

THE-BigLarry said:
However, we are in Page AZ with heavy hearts as many of our friends and neighbors in Moore OK are in serious pain tonight account the Tornado that blew through town this afternoon.

Big Larry, my prayers are with the folks in OK.

We are in the Page-Lake Powell campground - space 52a.  If your still here, stop by this evening.

Bill

Our best wishes go out to the people of Moore. Thankfully, the death toll seems to have been over reported initially, but it's still a tragedy. Now the warning has moved to the Dallas area. Hopefully, the results will not be so tragic.

On a more cheerful note, we've really enjoyed the Rally, and are already reserved for next year. Thanks to everyone for your generous comments on Tara's pesentation and for Ron's brilliant presentation. We'll be holding down the fort until the 29th; damn, it looks empty around here!

Safe travels everyone and "see ya next year".

Tara 'n Ernie

No luck for me and Olga. We are in Denver now and Olga damaged her ankle. They give her on emergency sam type of support to immobilised ankle and crutches. Her hand and knee is also damaged. Poor girl fall on foot part yesterday in to pothole.
So we are in camp in Denver waiting for her recovery. Hoping that pain will go away.

Did they tell you what the damage was ? Any fractures ? You could be stuck in worse places than Denver....the view is great, tornadoes are rare and the snowy season is over. And isn't it nice that it happened after Moab and not before ? Take good care of her so she heals up quickly.

Wendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom