2014 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On January 1, 2014  I managed  to use my camera to find those  faces missing from my photos yesterday. (You can run but you can't hide!) Along with the RVForum member faces are some shots of the beautiful scenery along the Canyon Loop Trail.  this trail has become an annual tradition and it is  indeed a gorgeous desert trail. 

Attachments

• IMG_8090.JPG
    IMG_8090.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8091.JPG
    IMG_8091.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8101.JPG
    IMG_8101.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8111.JPG
    IMG_8111.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8116.JPG
    IMG_8116.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8121.JPG
    IMG_8121.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8123.JPG
    IMG_8123.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for posting all the pics. Looks line it was a beautiful week. Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Indio rally or at Quartzsite.

Wendy

Some us will be going to the Pima Mine in hopes to get the 11 AM tour
We will leave here at 9:30 AM. Meet at B39 (Frank & Barb's) if you want to go as a group.
Asarco Mineral Discovery Center
1421 W Pima Mine Road
Sahuarita, AZ 85629
http://www.asarco.com/about-us/our-locations/asarco-mineral-discovery-center/how-to-find-us/

Barb - Go Spartans!  Jerry's alma mater won the 100th Rose Bowl.

We'll go on the Pima Mine tour and will be at your place at 9:30.  I'll drive if anyone needs a ride.

Happy New Year everyone.  We enjoyed meeting our new RV Forum members.

ArdraF

I also heard a rumor that  a group is  going to tour  Sabino Canyon.  "They" are leaving at 9:30 too I think.

Debbie says to go to Ina and turn left and go until you can go no farther.

Margaret and Henry will be leaving at 9:30 AM for Sabino Canyon. If anyone would like to join us we have room for 2 and the cost of the tram is $8.00 each. You can also follow if you like.

Henry Wishard said:
Margaret and Henry will be leaving at 9:30 AM for Sabino Canyon. If anyone would like to join us we have room for 2 and the cost of the tram is $8.00 each. You can also follow if you like.

We'll be going to Sabino Canyon also. We need to make a stop at Walmart on the way back to the campground, so we'll drive separately. Pleas stop by our site B-38 on your way out and we'll follow you.

It's been a great rally. Great fun, food, and framily. Thanks to everyone, you did a great job.

For those who already left, and for those we won't see in the morning, have a very safe and happy new year.

Stay safe in your travels, and we will see you when we see you.

May the force be with you.

Barb

I second everything Barb said!  Thank you to all the various people who planned and contributed to make our non-rally so successful!  Have a great 2014 everyone.

ArdraF

This was our first rally with the group over New Years. Laurie and I sure have enjoyed the great company, Catalina State Park (which, without a doubt, is one of the nicest parks we ever been in) and of course the wonderful weather in Tucson.

Thanks everyone who was here for the great time.

I third everything that Barb said as well as Happy Trails, not only to those who are actually going to Happy Trails, but to us all until we meet again.

Randy

I see two lone chairs sitting out by Ken an Sheila's  rig at 8:11 am.  Did you forget to  pack your chairs?

I believe the chairs are ours, Betty.  Going to be a small crowd at Happy Hour tonight.  We had a great time here at Catalina State Park, and enjoyed catching up with those we had met before, and meeting those that we hadnt met before.  Good times with good people.

Paul&Ann

With my limited talent, I can not place the words on paper to properly thank you ALL for the great rally! 

Ken and Sheila, thank you for all your work and allowing us to be a "guest".  Sheila and Betty, you somehow make including everyone easy.

Jennifer & Dan

It was a great rally.  Thanks to all!  Paul, we moved your chairs to our site, so we can continue the party this afternoon!

A bunch of us went on a tour of the Pima Copper mine.  Here is a 4-picture panorama photo of the entire PIT at the Pima Copper Mine.

JerryF

Attachments

• Pima Mine Pit (Medium).jpg
    Pima Mine Pit (Medium).jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 31
Well Loretta and I are kind of in the "Stone Age" as far as technology.
We're finally back to free internet and I want to add my 2 cents worth for the
great time we had in Catalina.  Plenty of Fun, Food and Fellowship with some
new and old friends.  We look forward to the party in FMCA at Indio and then
on to Quartzite.  Thanks to all who did the work to set this up.  We really had
a great time. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc