2014 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY (info/signup)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The red Arkansas chairs do belong to Carolyn and Sue Anne. I suspect she'll be by to pick them up at some point but she did say that if she doesn't pick them up, it's no big deal.

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Barb, Donna and I will always cherish the trip to Lake Havasu when the rain overflowed the roads on the way back, but the meal overlooking London Bridge and the company was priceless.  If I remember correctly, that wasn't on your birthday, but was a day before or after.  May you have many more.

Ed & Donna

It's dry here now, Ed -- we're in Lake Havasu City, and just had an excellent dinner at Krystal's, just off 95. DWs chicken was very good and my filet was outstanding, as was the clam chowder.

I really enjoyed seeing everyone again and catching up with how you all are doing.  Safe journeys, and hopefully next year I can be more than just a brief gate crasher.

Following a trip to Desert Bar for lunch ( my first visit and Terry's second) we traveled  the  2 hour drive home to Yuma.  Be it ever so humble our washer and dryer have been going  non stop since we arrived at  4 pm.  Rugs, towels and refrigerator will be agenda items for tomorrow.  What a wonderful RVForum rally with  Framily.  But I am glad to be out of the dust and boon docking!

Off to take a very long shower!

Betty

Woke up in Yuma this morning with water on top of my Jeep. Must of rained last night. Had a great time at the rally and already talking about a return trip. Thanks to everyone and hopefully see you next year.

Lassens are heading to Cattail Cove south of Lake Havasu this morning.  Thanks everyone for a fun time!

The things you learn at these rallys.  Barb shared a great popcorn idea with me yesterday and we tried it last night.....yummm.  Instead of using purchased microwave popcorn, you put 1/3 of a cup of regular popcorn in a paper sack the size of "lunch" sacks, roll the top down (1/2 inch turns) about 5 times, put in the microwave with the rolls facing up so that the sack can expand.  Pop until you hear the last kernels popping about 5 seconds interval.  Dress it up as you like it.  Barb mentioned that we might not like the taste at first; but we loved it and it is so much healthier.  Thanks Barb

One of our stops while at Cattail Cove is "Paradise Tony's" (I think that's the name) by the Parker Dam turn off for Friday night Catfish!  It's very good.  And Larry, thanks for the tip of Krystals; we might give it a try.

See you all down the road!

Marsha~

I think I got the popcorn idea right hear on the forum.

Marsha, it's called Tommy's Paradise Cafe. And it's in Buckskin. But probably a Parker address. And yep, the fish is pretty good.

We arrived on the 23rd, and departed on the 27th for yuma.

Keep it between the lines

Marsha/CA said:
Lassens are heading to Cattail Cove south of Lake Havasu this morning.  Thanks everyone for a fun time! ...

...  And Larry, thanks for the tip of Krystals; we might give it a try.

See you all down the road!

Marsha~

Marsha,

Be advised it doesn't open until 4PM.

Another great Quartzsite Rally. Thanks to everyone who attended, whether for a couple of hours or a couple of weeks. Thanks to those who brought munchies to Hapoy Hour and for the spectacular spread at the Potluck. Thanks for all the folks who offered help, advice and tips. Thanks for the leaders who took us to places we'd never been before. Thanks to those who were here before most of us and paved the way.

Safe travels until next time.

We also want to add our Thanks to everyone for their warm welcome to the new comers. We had a Great time even if it was our first time to "Q". I seem to have come down with that "cold" that was going around but were scheduled to stay in Palm Springs for two weeks so I should feel better by the end of our stay. Safe Travels to all and hope to see ya next year!

Barb said:
Thanks Ed, and everyone for the b'day wishes. I got a happy birthday song yesterday morning from the group waiting to leave on the Indian Art tour.

I bought myself a new pair of sandals that I can wear with my compression stockings. We went to visit friends, and I rode up the Q mountain with Henry and Frank to replace the flags. Other than than that, I had a wonderful do nothing day. If was great.

Off today to make more memorable memories with forum framily to the Bar in the desert.  Good times, and a perfect ending to another Q rally.

Happy belated Birthday Barb.  Hope you guys had a blast at the Rally.

Chrystal and I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments and looking at the pictures.  You know, while we are still here working. :'(

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few months in Moab.

Mike, Chrystal and Jared.

Did any photos get posted for the Ridge Trail ride?  If so, I didn't see them.  What I'd really like to know is if anyone got a picture of me rock crawling up that impossible section?

Yep, Betty, my washer has been going nonstop since we got home.  It felt so good to have clean hair and clean clothes from head to toe!  Great rally all!

ArdraF

Thanks, Larry.  I hope someone got some photos too!

ArdraF

Jerry, Just a suggestion but I would not spot from directly in front of the vehicle.  Ardra may not be in a good mood and it could really look like an accident. . . .LOL

Ardra did a great job despite low ground clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_3510.JPG
    IMG_3510.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3500.JPG
    IMG_3500.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3507.JPG
    IMG_3507.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 47
Thank you for the comments Larry and Larry (reminds me of the brothers Larry on the Bob Newhart show).  I'm happy to see some photos of the trail.  It's nice to see what it looked like from the other direction.  It was definitely the toughest trail I've driven because it was in worse shape this year than previously.

ArdraF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom