2015 Rally May 25-27, 2015 at Eagle Cliff Campground in scenic SE Minnesota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im starting to think of things bring to the campground.  I have a deck of Cards Against Humanity that i can bring, if anyone is interested in playing. The weather forecast looks like it will be warm but rainy that week. Then again, weather in Minnesota this time of year is kinda psychotic and forecasts can change hourly. We may need indoor type activities. If you all are interested, I can pack it.

Allen and Suzanne, that is great news.  So far there are 10 of us attending the rally. 

Are there any more thinking about joining us? 

I've been busy studying to finish my degree in professional photography.  The semester ends tomorrow so I will be more attentive to the rally starting Wednesday.  I haven't checked out the forecast but as Caryl said the weather in Minnsota can change hourly. 

I just checked and there are still some pull-through and back-in RV sites available in section B. 

Before we leave for Lanesboro I have to get my fishing license and trout stamp just in case there is time to do a little fishing on the Root River which is adjacent to Eagle Cliff Campground.  I left a message for the Campground manager to see if she has any recommendations for activities just in case there is rain. I'll post more later.  Now that school is over I might even make it home in time to join tonight's virtual campfire chat.  :)

BTW, the EGG Fest 2015 is being held at Eagle Cliff Campground May 27-31.  They are expecting 45+ EGG owners.  I just learned this year that EGG is the term for the small molded fiberglass TTs like the Burro, Casita, and Scamp to name a few.  They seem like a friendly, active group.  If someone is looking for a small TT that can be pulled by a smaller tow vehicle this might be a good chance to talk with some of the owners.

We are hosting happy hour at B-10 our campsite. Look for the RV Forum flag!  There will be plenty of eats, the requisite campfire, and forks for roasting whatever. 

So is there any news to report on this rally? 
Not being able to attend  I find it fun to see what  I may have missed.

I think most everyone else who was at the rally are still on the road going to other places. Bob and I got home today. I think the consensus was that it was a great spot and Max was going to talk to the owners about having one there again next year.

Monday night was beautiful and we had a campfire hosted by Max and Eric. There is an eggfest there coming up this weekend and some of them who came in early for that also came to the campfire. It was a perfect night for a fire. I don't know how many we ended up with but it was a great group of people.

The campground is in a beautiful area and the RV pads are gravel covered and the rest is nice grass with lots of room in between sites.

Tuesday the weather did not cooperate and it seemed to rain steadily almost all day long. A bunch of us went into a tiny town called Peterson for breakfast at Burdy's cafe. Afterwards, we all went into Lanesboro to look around. Unfortunately, most of the shops were closed on Tuesdays, or maybe just because it had been a big holiday weekend. I think I'm lucky because I looked in the window of one antique shop and saw a shiny like new looking jack-in-the-box with clowns on the sides. I'm not sure if I could have refused it if the shop had been open. 

We took a trip up to one of the nearby fish hatcheries and went on a self guided tour. There wasn't much to see though. I think most of the grown up fish had already been sent out to the lakes, though in one tank they had some really nice breeding stock. We really got soggy there though, so went back to camp.

The weather today was warm and sunny for the drive home... of course.  ::)

Thanks Caryl (aka Cadee2c) for reporting on the rally at Eagle Cliff Campground in scenic SE Minnesota. 

We had 16 people around the campfire the first night.  The weather was perfect and there was lively conversation with at least three conversations going on at all times.  We had people from Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, and West Australia.  It rained the next day but we made the best of it by going to a nearby town for a typical small town breakfast with lots of coffee and tea.  Then we headed to Lanesboro to explore the local shops, and ended the day with a visit to a trout hatchery.

The rigs included two "Eggs", one TT, one Class C, three Class A's and a soon to be RV couple who stayed in the motel at the campground. It was great fun and it was a good opportunity to meet fellow RVers from a variety of backgrounds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timothious
Back
Top Bottom