2015 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow.....I have not been on the Forum for probably 2 years...sat down reading some past Forum stuff tonight and ran across a print out I made by Gary Brink on Troubleshooting RV Furnaces........on a whim we had decided to make a quick 3 day trip to Quartzite having arrived this afternoon.  Will try to look up some folks tomorrow.....Friday. 

Joe and Phyllis Davis
Eloy, Arizona

We miss all of you, too, Betty  both the old timers and the new participants we will not have the opportunity to meet.  The memories will never leave us and we hope for all of you attending that you treasure these memories, too.  When you come right down to it, those times were some of our most carefree, relaxing, fun-filled times of our lives.  Just hangin' out in the desert, enjoying friends, watching sunsets, warming by campfires.

Betty, thank you for the kind words, it was quite the feeling heading down the road from Phoenix to Quartzsite this afternoon.  We love our place in Florida, but it just isn't RVing, and the desert is so different and enjoyable.  we decided on a whim to come out this winter as we never know what lies around the corner.
    In that regard, I'm sure you won't mind if I add Russ Mahoney's name to those you listed as being missed here at Q. 

Ed

As mentioned elsewhere, yesterday was very windy here in Quartzsite.  Happy hour was late getting started and we used the Sharp's coach to block the wind.  Here are some photos of the attendees.

ArdraF

Attachments

• IMG_0198 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0198 (Medium).JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0199 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0199 (Medium).JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0200 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0200 (Medium).JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0201 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0201 (Medium).JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 39
Someone usually takes some photos of the Section 541 RV Forum rigs.  Here are some for the 2015 rally.

ArdraF

Attachments

• IMG_0202 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0202 (Medium).JPG
    200 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0203 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0203 (Medium).JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0204 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0204 (Medium).JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0205 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0205 (Small).JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0206 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0206 (Small).JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 43
Just reading the list of people Betty mentioned who no longer attend rallies brought back some wonderful memories.

ArdraF

Hfx_Cdn said:

In that regard, I'm sure you won't mind if I add Russ Mahoney's name to those you listed as being missed here at Q. 

Yep Ed , It will be an entirely new post to acknowledge those we've lost  this past year.  Russ' memory crosses  my mind each day.

Have been remiss to get this posted but Tuesday AC, Larry, Walt, and I carried on the QZ Open at Blythe Muncipal Golf Course. Great weather and a fun round of golf with great Forumites.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 43
Thanks Betty for remembering us.  We miss all of you and the memories.  Looking forward to seeing some of you at Palo Duro in May.

We too thought of Russ as we pulled in on Wednesday....he is missed!!  Just to clarify the information, we pulled in on Wednesday afternoon with our friends from Manitoba.  Both couples attended "Happy Hour".  Yesterday,(Thursday) we went to the tent.  It was crowded, smaller than last year and seems like the same ole'...same ole' stuff.  We were looking for a genturi and couldn't find them.  After our tent excursion we stopped at the "Beer Garden" aka "Adult day care area" and got stuck visiting with friends.  Such is life....so we arrived at happy hour later.

As I type this lots of Jeeps are all lined up headed off toward the sunrise in search of adventures. 

Marsha~

Betty,

Thanks for remembering us.  We are enjoying the QZ experience through the messages here and miss it badly. 

The house has not sold although we have had lookers, just not the right one yet.

We are now also dealing with a pratfall I had last week that seems to have screwed up my right shoulder.  Today is the first day in a week that I have been able to type with both hands.  Dr ordered a MRI so we will see what results from that are and go from there.

Hopefully we can make QZ next year.

We had a successful, mostly successful, trip this year.  Found someone to make a carved wooden sign for our friends, bought some nice LED globes for our vanity, bought the DW a flagpole and LED beacon, made an appointment with a glass company in Lake Havasu to get our foggy windows repaired and had a good time visiting with folks in our caravan and some new friends from Lake Havasu.

We spent several hours looking at new motorhomes.  dream on!

The low point was driving across town and wandering around in the desert for 20 minutes looking for the RVForum group happy hour.  We weren't so happy 15 minutes later when we were asked to leave because we had brought our two Golden Retrievers with us.  So it goes.  We'll know better next year.

8Muddypaws said:
We had a successful, mostly successful, trip this year.  Found someone to make a carved wooden sign for our friends, bought some nice LED globes for our vanity, bought the DW a flagpole and LED beacon, made an appointment with a glass company in Lake Havasu to get our foggy windows repaired and had a good time visiting with folks in our caravan and some new friends from Lake Havasu.

We spent several hours looking at new motorhomes.  dream on!

The low point was driving across town and wandering around in the desert for 20 minutes looking for the RVForum group happy hour.  We weren't so happy 15 minutes later when we were asked to leave because we had brought our two Golden Retrievers with us.  So it goes.  We'll know better next year.

Perhaps  a little expansion of the facts would help. The RV Forum QZ gathering has had a long standing policy of no pets around food events as is pointed out earlier in this thread.

When new people arrive with pets that rule is explained to them as happened this afternoon. I also offered a place to tie them out near our motorhome or the option was available to leave them in your car.

The response I received was "If our dogs aren't welcome we will leave. " Which you did.

Has anybody actually read every post in this thread?  I certainly didn't.

As I said, we were unaware of the 'firm rule', as you so bluntly put it in speaking to my wife.  (I'm assuming that was you)  We were not about to tie our girls up far away or confine them to the car.  Had I known about the rule we would not have driven across town. 

We've run into dogs everywhere we've gone while at the Q and did not expect to encounter a place they were unwelcome.  Lesson learned.  We will probably not attend forum gatherings in the future.

I hope the 4wheelers made it back. 

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding about dogs at this evening's Happy Hour. As Jeff said, we have a long-standing rule of no dogs at rally food functions, including Happy Hour. I usually try to post the rules in the QTZ thread so folks are aware. Dogs are very welcome at Forum rallies, just not at Happy Hour and the potluck. It's a rule I've found at many rallies. As a dog lover and fellow dog owner, I'm sorry that you decided to leave before getting to know us.

Wendy

As a former participant in RV forum rallies, and a former yellow lab owner (RIP Dusty), I find your "my way or the highway" approach self defeating and insensitive.  Most people, who are not dog owners, are a little particular about dogs around food.  Is that so hard to understand?  Some people, through unfortunate contacts with untrained dogs, have been made to be afraid of dogs in general.  Also, not a stretch to understand.  You have chosen to reject the opportunity to meet some of the finest people I have ever met in our long RVing career.  Your loss, buddy!

So do you really want to  know why  25  people were  almost 2 hours  late to Happy Hour tonight?  They were all part of the moderate  4 wheel drive advertised yesterday by Frank. He did say loud and clear that he had not done the run recently!  Could it be because  Lou was late, despite getting up 2 hours prior to  the run, forgot his glasses thinking he was on California time? Noooo
Could it be because we all had different radios?  Some FRS and some CB, well maybe! Could  we have been late because  of someone  slipping down the side of  a hill on loose shale?  Likely.  The 3  hour extrication of a new Grand Cherokee required 5 vehicles.  Some  backing down and letting others with  more equipment go ahead.  Poor Pat had to  drive up then back down a  slope and then do a repeat.  Big Larry barked directions in an effective manner.  Gary wished he had kept more of required  supplies in his vehicle and not in his motorhome.  He also wishes  he had  kept on our  radio channel all day. John why were  you not watching?  Deep breath....This is what I told Ardra all day while we sat on the rock watching the  ordeal !
Could it be because we saw  a herd of 6 big horn sheep on the hill and  watched them during  lunch?

I'm going to  review  my photos and videos and maybe we will really know why we were delayed. 

In the meantime  a  HUGE thanks to Frank for  his leadership  and  Barb for the radio  communications and to ALL the other  chiefs who stepped in on this rescue! While I was late to Happy hour, it did not  impede my  beverage consumption.  Off to check my photos.......

What Margi said, but double.  We miss every one too, but we also cherish so many great memories.  I do miss the quiet of the desert, but we are adapting to the cold again, and so far, it's been mild comparitively, so doable.  However, I will never stop missing the desert and the beauty and quiet of it all.  The sun as it moves around the hills and changes their color all day long.  So, yes, our memories will be with us forever.  Have a great time everyone and may you make many lasting memories as we have.

Daisy

Back
Top Bottom