2015 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John and I are at the La Posa south near the blue bird group. We can't seem to find the original directons posted. Will keep looking but I  the mean  time if anyone reads this can you please repost the directions to the site. Thanks

John and Jonah voigtsbedger

John & Jonah, here's our original writeup.

The RV Forum campsite is approximately 2.5 miles south of Quartzsite?s four corners where I-10 and US-95 intersect.  Business Loop I-10 is Main Street and it is on the north side of I-10.  US-95 is the road south to Yuma.  The frontage road on the south side I-10 is Kuehn Street.  From Main Street you want to go south on US-95.  From the top of the bridge crossing I-10 you will see on the southwestern corner the Tyson Wells vendor stalls and the large red and white RV show tent.  Our directions begin at the south side of I-10 at the intersection of US-95 and Kuehn Street.

Our Quartzsite campsite is on the Bureau of Land Management Long Term Visitor?s Area at Tyson's Wash, La Posa West, section #541.  The GPS coordinates are N33.38.054 W114.13.591.  Travel south on US-95 from the 4-way stop light at Kuehn Street.  After approximately one mile you will see - and pass by - the first BLM entry and ranger station on the west side of US-95.  Continue south on US-95 for another 1.5 miles to the second BLM entry which is Tyson?s Wash La Posa West.  Just before reaching the turn into Tyson?s Wash you will see mile post 102 and then a phone booth on the west side of US-95.  At the turn, you will see ranger stations on both the east and west sides of US-95.  Turn right (west) off US-95 and go to the Ranger station to sign in and pay your fee.  After the ranger station parking area, the dirt road curves right.  Shortly after the curve (about 200 feet) you will come to a fork in the road with a 15 mph road sign.  At the sign, bear left (note, do not turn left, just bear left at the fork) keeping the brown 540 mile post on your left side and the 15mph road sign on your right.  At this point you will be on a ?main? road.  After .3 mile you will see a brown mile post for Section 541 on the let.  Angle left onto that track.  Go straight for .5 mile and you should see various flags flying in front of you.  It is approximately .8 mile from the ranger station to our campsite.

Our Blue Monaco Executive DP has the RV Forum flag flying on the front.

ArdraF

John, I believe we are just across the highway from you.  We saw what looked like a Bluebird group yesterday while checking out the dump stations.  If it's the same one, just drive across the highway into LaPosa West and follow Ardra's directions.   

Our trip to Q is in jeopardy.  Our front air bags won't inflate.  I was on the phone to Spartan Tech Support and their
response was to keep deploying and recovering the jacks in order to hopefully trigger the valve to air up the front end.
I did it 6 or 7 times, no luck.

We will overnight again here at Fortuna De Oro and will be on the horn to Spartan again tomorrow and I have a service
request in to Massey Diesel in Phoenix, if I can get them to air up.  It has been a recurring problem that we have been
dealing with, but NOW I am done dealing with it.  I want it fixed. . . . . .

Updates to follow on where we are and whats happening.  Thanks to Terry Brewer and Frank Weimert who came over
today and gave me their support and ideas on what and how to check things.  They were also frustrated that between
the genius of the three of us, we could not come up with a solution.

Brewers still hope to arrive in Q on Monday.  We  have a few errands to attend to  in morning  and then should be on  our way.  Save us a spot.

Busy life!

Betty Brewer said:
Brewers still hope to arrive in Q on Monday.  We  have a few errands to attend to  in morning  and then should be on  our way.  Save us a spot.

Busy life!

99,984 acres still available. See you tomorrow.

Maybe Mike drilled the hole in Larry's Airbag. :-X  Hope everything works out for everyone.

I have updated the list of attendees in the announcement post but have a couple to check on in the AM. Don't remember if Paul and Ann's sister and BIL are on the list and forgot Henry and Margaret's friends from Baytown so two more coaches are here.

Jeff said:
Maybe Mike drilled the hole in Larry's Airbag. :-X  Hope everything works out for everyone.

I have updated the list of attendees in the announcement post but have a couple to check on in the AM. Don't remember if Paul and Ann's sister and BIL are on the list and forgot Henry and Loretta's friends from Baytown so two more coaches are here.

Walt and Terry from Colorado.

Paul

Thought I would add a photo of tonight's Happy Hour. Great weather and lots of interesting conversations.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 61
And here is our youngest rally attendee having fun with all the rocks.  She is the Means' granddaughter and a real cutie.  Wish I could still bend like her!

ArdraF

Attachments

• IMG_0138 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0138 (Small).JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 55
About nine of us went on our first morning walk.  We'll do it every day at 10:00 a.m. assuming good weather.  Today it was really nice most of us shed layers as the walk progressed.  But I think we all completed the two mile loop.

ArdraF

Here are a few more candid shots from the first campfire of our 2015 rally.

ArdraF

Attachments

• IMG_0137 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0137 (Medium).JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0146 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0146 (Medium).JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0151 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0151 (Medium).JPG
    135 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0155 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0155 (Medium).JPG
    185 KB · Views: 45
Today we saw this lovely thought on a vendor's truck as we wandered around on the north side of Kuehn.

ArdraF

Attachments

• IMG_0157 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0157 (Medium).JPG
    122 KB · Views: 49
We're still in Palm Springs. Mike drilling a hole in his finger slowed us down. We're shooting for Wednesday now. Keep the campfire burning. And remind everyone of the 3 RV Forum Rally Rules, Revised:

1. Wear your damn name badge.
2. No political and/or controversial discussions around the campfire. You can talk **** all you want but only the kind in your black tanks.
3. No pets at food events.

Have fun and see you on Wednesday, hopefully.

Hugs
Wendy

Back
Top Bottom