2018 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One other nice part about staying here after the show is that my Verizon data service runs much faster! I finally got the blog updated and got to do more web surfing than I have been able to since we got here. Nice! We intend on leaving Thursday, but plan to enjoy the time with the remaining forum members until then. Tomorrow we get up early to see the lunar eclipse.

Some of the folks here went to Silly Al's tonight, and some of us had a nice time around the campfire. Tom and Theresa are leaving tomorrow, and I think we are too, unless something occurs to change our minds. So we'll slowly head towards Tucson. It's been a great time here in Q.

I am always jealous when I read about and see pictures of the Rally's.  Retirement in 3 yrs and then it's on the road for us.  Betty, you did a great job on pictures again.  We can always count on you!! 

Robin

Roadhappy said:
I am always jealous when I read about and see pictures of the Rally's.  Retirement in 3 yrs and then it's on the road for us.  Betty, you did a great job on pictures again.  We can always count on you!! 

Robin

That's awesome Robin, I wish we were only 3 years away.  Congrats.

Mike

As we get older the years fly by.  Three yrs will pass before we know it and we will be in Betty's pictures.  ;D

Mike, we will see you and Crystal in August at Ouray.  Can't wait to catch up!!

Robin

Did anyone buy a steam iron that was in the big tent? Was looking at them but didn?t buy one now I wish I did. If any one knows name of them I can go online and order one. 
  We had a great time at the rally. Thank you Betty for a great time and Terry for the trail ride.

Bill or Joe

It seems strange to be reading ABOUT the Quartzsite rally after the fact.  We enjoyed being with family in Oceanside but we also missed being with you all. So glad Gordon has recovered. It sounds like Bill's workshop was well used. Betty, thank you for posting both the photos and the narrative so the rest of us could enjoy the rally from afar.  Safe travels, everyone, and see you down the road somewhere.

ArdraF

There is so much to say about our first Q experience. And all of it is positive.
We started with a week in KOFA with Kevin Means, Debra17, GeneS, AStravlers, Sarge, and a few others. Then it was two weeks at LTVA Posa Wash with too too many forum framily to list. We made so many new friends. What a great group.

We left this morning and landed at Sundance RV Resort in Yuma. They were giving away coupons for three nights free and another three nights at the sister resort just down the road. This will be quite a change from the last three weeks. I?m not sure it?s for the better, but we did enjoy the band and a dip in the large pool. Too bad we are sandwiched in like sardines. We?ve already had a run in with a neighbor thinking our space was his to park his three vehicles. The highway traffic is as loud as any generators we heard!

Here?s a shot at the fire ring from two nights ago. L to R: Paul, Jim, Jerry, Brenda, and Len.

Thanks to all for a great experience.

Tom & Theresa

Attachments

• 326FD81B-B7C6-476D-91DA-C379BD40EF3E.jpeg
    326FD81B-B7C6-476D-91DA-C379BD40EF3E.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 51
Roadhappy said:
As we get older the years fly by.  Three yrs will pass before we know it and we will be in Betty's pictures.  ;D

Mike, we will see you and Crystal in August at Ouray.  Can't wait to catch up!!

Robin

Sounds great Robin.  Looking forward to seeing you and Charles as well.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in pictures from every rally. ;D

Mike

We are leaving QZ today, heading to a full hookup park in Huachuca. I know wewill be parked check to jowl with other RVs, and I will miss the space and views at Tyson Wash. Sigh. But I really do need to make another batch of yogurt, and it will be nice to not to turn the generator on to make the espressos every morning. Hopefully after a week in this park we find another nice dispersed site again.

Heli_av8tor said:
There is so much to say about our first Q experience. And all of it is positive.

We left this morning and landed at Sundance RV Resort in Yuma.

Tom & Theresa

Tom you  and Theresa are the reason Quartzsite keeps on happening.  New people with enthusiasm, an open mind and a Positive  Mental attitude are attractive features to this desert experience. Lots of  you guys fit that bill this year!

I go to  Zumba class at  9 am every Monday and Wednesday in the ballroom at Sundance.  Have Theresa join us if your stay goes through Monday.

Betty,  We leave Saturday morning for the park just up the road.

But, we will be at happy hour this afternoon ;) :D

Are you staying at Sundance?

This was my first time at Quartzsite, for the area and for the rally. I had a great time and can't wait for next year. We ended up staying until yesterday. Even then we didnt want to leave. I think we will be spending more time there next winter. My only regret was not joining in more with the campfires and other stuff. The evenings were too cold for Bob (and me too even) most of the week, so we spent most of our time inside.

We are now in Yuma at the Rivers Edge RV Resort. Right next to the interstate and packed in like sardines.  :( Spent the day doing laundry and getting all the dust out of everything. I figured it was time to do that when I noticed the bottom of Bobs black socks were white.  :eek: Tomorrow we will go to the prison and play tourist. Maybe I can get Bob locked up. :D

We are leaving Sunday to head toward Tucson for a few days, then will be heading back to San Antonio just in time for Bobs cardiology appointment. Depending on how that appointment goes, we may or may not be back on the road heading somewhere else soon.

Caryl, it was nice to meet you and Bob. We too had hoped for a little higher temps but refused to let the chill deter us from the campfires.

The description of your Yuma site describes ours to a tee. We are in Sundance RV resort. Sounds like we are camped in the I-8 median. Neighbors sound like they are inside our coach. There is a really nice heated pool and hot tub in the rec area. We enjoyed the entertainment and a dip Wednesday and Thursday. Wouldn't want to spend more than a few days here though.

Safe Travels,

Tom

We are on the California side. Pot is legal here now and one of our neighbors is making full use of that fact. Judging by the various times I keep smelling it, hes making up for lost time. I dont mind that people smoke it, I just dont like having to inhale it. But I must say, its better smelling than cigarettes.

Hey Jeff,
      Bruce Cotie here, Deb is looking for the pictures of the 2018 Quartzite Rally and for all the links that we have checked...no pictures.  We are logged into RV Forum website, but no luck.  Are we doing something wrong; we have even chatted with Henry Wishard and we still can not see this year?s pictures.  Please help.
Bruce & Deby Cotie

Ok we figured out the pictures and enjoyed reliving the memories.  This was our very first Quartzite experience and we enjoyed every second of it.  We will definitely be returning next year, God willing and the creek don?t rise,  to see all your happy faces and warm laughter.  Our jeep trail was super thrilling and unforgettable and we can?t wait to do it all again next year. 

Bruce & Deby Cotie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom