2019 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mike and Wendy picked up mail, long line, 20 minutes. Also went to the tent and saw nothing exciting except some interesting heating pad things. The guy lost me when he said $200.

I?ve walked by myself the last 2 mornings. Me and my stick. I?ll be leaving the campfire ring tomorrow at 10 am. Won?t someone join me? ?

Happy Hour tonight at 4 pm. NO WIND ! Wear your damn name badge. No pets. Be there or be square.

Wendy

Great Happy Hour. Lasted until after 6 pm.

Walk tomorrow, 10 am, 2 miles with a mid-walk shortcut if you want a shorter walk. And there are vault toilets in case you need a stop or your tanks are getting full.

Happy Hour again at 4 pm.

Made it home a few hours ago and it is good to be out of the cold and to have a fast Internet 5G connection.

Since I did not go to happy hour yesterday due to the cold, I discovered that happy hour is the best time for faster internet speed. Probably because all the groups have happy hour at 4.  ;D

Unusually, no one has posted anything about yesterdays 4WD trip, so I thought I'd make an entry here. There were 5 Wranglers, with Frank and Barb leading and Terry and Betty as tail. Pat and Alice, Wally and Lynn Crow and Larry and Mary Ann were the other three units. As usual we left camp at 9, heading east to the stone cabin, Jerry's hill and Dripping Springs, then along the ridge coming back. I don't have any pictures in the computer to share, at this time, but hopefully will get some available one of these days (they're still in cameras).

'Twas a good run.

Larry I know Terry took some photos on the trail, so  watch for 4 wheel drive pics.He is dealing with a new chrome book format.

Margi, apologies to you.  Our  Quartzsite schedule is so rich and full that I have not been posting nightly. (Went out to dinner last night and crashed on couch afterward!) Being in 70's slows down evening events!

Today is Thursday January 24, 2019.  Terry went out to breakfast with "the boys."  I walked 2 miles with Wendy, Bill Dane, and Margaret.  Bill peeled off at mile 1 (due to knee issues ) and  the girls continued girl talk.  Aging sure alters the main idea of conversations.

During happy hour tonight,  a few said they would join us tomorrow as we can take our trash bags to the dumpster along our walk!

Terry and I visited ed the "big tent" at 2 pm and landed an  instant  parking space right outside tent door. Determined we would  meet up  30 minutes later at the ice cream place just outside tent.  Thrifty ice cream was yummy as expected. He chooses Rocky road and Black Cherry, both of which  I dislike  but I  got a spoon and shared with him! What a wife!

I surveyed  the vendors and determined there was nothing I needed or did not already purchase from past years.

Yesterday at Happy hour, Pam announced her intention to  hold a "demonstration " on  how to do Dutch Outdoor cooking at 1 pm.

I attended. I learned a bunch! Wow who knew making peach cobbler was so easy. My part was opening a can of canned peach pie filling.  Pam has perfected the art of  using this Dutch oven technique  using Kingsford Charcoals pellets. Pam knew the math for determining the number of coals for the prescribed temperature to get a 350 temp. 

Best results were sampled at Happy Hour tonight as  Pam shared the  entire pot with the group.  I saw the  portions of cobbler going like hot cakes! 

Yum.

Jolene and I arrived halfway thru Happy Hour today, we will be here till Sunday.  YeeHaaa, been 9 years since our last Q rally.

Betty Brewer said:
Margi, apologies to you.  Our  Quartzsite schedule is so rich and full that I have not been posting nightly. (Went out to dinner last night and crashed on couch afterward!) Being in 70's slows down evening events!
No problem, I enjoy your posts whenever you have time to keep us up to date on the festivities.  Since you and Terry were always the "youngsters" when we began getting together, I can't help but feel a little "payback?" happening as you begin to attain the age many of us were back then.  ;D ;D

Tom and Margi said:
No problem, I enjoy your posts whenever you have time to keep us up to date on the festivities.  Since you and Terry were always the "youngsters" when we began getting together, I can't help but feel a little "payback?" happening as you begin to attain the age many of us were back then.  ;D ;D

Margi, please, it's not necessary to remind us of the fact that we're getting older! VBG

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Margi, please, it's not necessary to remind us of the fact that we're getting older! VBG

ken
You youngsters have no idea what's ahead of you.  ;D ;D ;D  Hugs to you and SJ.

Thanks to Ken for a brief correction on our arrival, we pulled into the FIRST turnoff, looked the same for a little, then thought there might be a second turnoff and Ken confirmed.  So other than a brief wrong turn, then a search for a turn around, no problems.

Now to find the treasures we are searching for.  Apparently, first will be new house batteries!  We have been on shore power and no boon docking for so long, that we didn't realize the house batteries aren't holding a charge.  They lasted about 2 hours last night and it was lights out. 

Now to look at the 6 vs. 12v options.  Currently (see what I did there?), we have 2 12v in parallel.  I am thinking of switching to the 2 6v in series.  Jolene was looking down camp at the Pace Arrow (not sure who that is yet) with 4 solar panels up, can't we just do that?  she asks...

Now to look at the 6 vs. 12v options.  Currently (see what I did there?), we have 2 12v in parallel.  I am thinking of switching to the 2 6v in series.  Jolene was looking down camp at the Pace Arrow (not sure who that is yet) with 4 solar panels up, can't we just do that?  she asks...

Come on down and check out our system. Q has been our first real test of the new installation. So far a great success. We?ve been here since Sunday and haven?t run the genny yet. And we are heavy consumers running a full Dish Hopper 3 system with 2 wireless Joeys, irons, sewing machine, convection oven, blow dryer, etc. Batteries have not been below 70%.

Edit: Fixed quote.

ok ok
We are all  getting older and that is a gift no matter your age!  Potluck tomorrow at 2 pm. Bring tables as early as you can.  Since  I poo pooed Jeff's suggestion of a group photo because the food gets cold as we pose, let me shared the collages I  developed from  2018 Quartzsite Rally.

This is last year not this  year.  If you can't find your photo I missed you or else  you  were not here ! It is a memory test to see if you can recall names.  This  may come  in form of a few posts to allow the attachments....we shall see......

Attachments

• 2018-02-26 Quartzsite.JPG
    2018-02-26 Quartzsite.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 51
Well that seemed to work ok so  here is second  and third of  4 collages again from last year.  We really did have a good laughing time!

Attachments

• 2018-01-23 Quartzsite.jpg
    2018-01-23 Quartzsite.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 2018-01-23 Quartzsite1.jpg
    2018-01-23 Quartzsite1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member