2917 equinox Backup camera failure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

The battery was low and I tried to start the engine, the battery went further down and some of the strangest sounds came out of the engine area and would not start. I put on the charger and it started right up. Later, when looking at the backup screen it was dead. I figured it was probably a blown fuse, the fuse box has about 70 fuses. Does anyone have any idea as to how to identify the fuse names that might identify which fuse/fuses that might be blown, in order to save some time? Most of the fuses are dual units. Any suggestions as where to get new ones? Any help will be appreciated.
judway Wayne M.

The battery was low and I tried to start the engine, the battery went further down and some of the strangest sounds came out of the engine area and would not start. I put on the charger and it started right up. Later, when looking at the backup screen it was dead. I figured it was probably a blown fuse, the fuse box has about 70 fuses. Does anyone have any idea as to how to identify the fuse names that might identify which fuse/fuses that might be blown, in order to save some time? Most of the fuses are dual units. Any suggestions as where to get new ones? Any help will be appreciated.
judway Wayne M.

I solved the problem by rebooting the fuse box by removing the two +12 connections from the battery. Now I found the cruise control doesn't work.

You may need to disconnect the battery and touch the negative and positive cable terminals together (unhooked from the battery, obviously!), to discharge any residual electricity in the circuit system.

Also, you may have to plug in a scan tool and reset the battery value and clear any low voltage DTCs from any modules.

When a battery drains down, the control modules that stay awake while the engine is off are unable to communicate properly and can set DTCs that can temporarily disable certain things. Same when turning on the ignition, if the battery voltage is too low the modules can't communicate and function properly, so by their nature they set a DTC, all you need to do is get the battery charged (or replace it if it won't stay charged for 12-24 hours) and clear DTCs when you're done. (FYI on modern systems, disconnecting the battery will not clear ALL DTCs, some of them have to be manually cleared from hard memory by a scan tool)

In rare instances on some systems you may need to recalibrate things like the back up camera and cruise control, but I doubt that is needed here...

You may need to disconnect the battery and touch the negative and positive cable terminals together (unhooked from the battery, obviously!), to discharge any residual electricity in the circuit system.

Also, you may have to plug in a scan tool and reset the battery value and clear any low voltage DTCs from any modules.

When a battery drains down, the control modules that stay awake while the engine is off are unable to communicate properly and can set DTCs that can temporarily disable certain things. Same when turning on the ignition, if the battery voltage is too low the modules can't communicate and function properly, so by their nature they set a DTC, all you need to do is get the battery charged (or replace it if it won't stay charged for 12-24 hours) and clear DTCs when you're done. (FYI on modern systems, disconnecting the battery will not clear ALL DTCs, some of them have to be manually cleared from hard memory by a scan tool)

In rare instances on some systems you may need to recalibrate things like the back up camera and cruise control, but I doubt that is needed here...

Back
Top Bottom