30 amp - 15 amp? We're confused!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lknurse

I thought I read on the forum that you could run your TT on house current (with 30amp/15amp adapter) the only thing you couldn't run was the AC.  I understand that we will still only get 15amps of power, however, we still don't seem to have power in the TT except the radio, some overhead lights and fridge light comes on.  So -- went to the fuse box and saw breakers that said "15" -- turned off 30 amp(?) and switched on 15 amp(?) breakers.  Still no go -- what are we doing wrong?  Batteries are fairly new (1 year). 

All the breakers in your trailer's breaker box should be on, including the 30A one. You do not change them simply because you have plugged into a 15A source.

If all the breakers are on and you still don't have power on your 120v outlets, then the 30/15 adapter you are using is probably defective or the 15A outlet itself has no power.

Thanks!  that worked -- usually I just call an electrician!!  Guess I will order that Rv'rs Bible you all talk about -- that should help don't you think?

You can if you want but its more fun asking members on the forum ,besides how are we going to make our money if no one asked for help.  ;)

Back
Top Bottom