(4) Panel Canvas Museum Wrap image

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Hi all:  Thought you might enjoy seeing my latest work on canvas.  This is a (4) panel canvas museum wrap measuring 30" high and 72" long.  The image was captured in the "Wave", west of Page, Arizona.  This was sold to a client who enjoys my work.  It is titled "Wood in the Wave".  Hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• Wood in the Wave_MG_4344-1 small.jpg
    Wood in the Wave_MG_4344-1 small.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 86
Absolutely Gorgeous! Is the wave part of Antelope Canyon? Is this a painting or photo printed on canvas?

Jim

Jim:  The Wave is part of an area called Coyote Buttes and is about 40 miles west of Page.  Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon just outside and east of Page.  I have a lot of stuff from Antelope also.  Did a 40x60 Canvas for another customer from Antelope.  I've attached it here.  Oh yes, it is a photo on canvas, but they have a painterly feel.

Attachments

• Antelope CanyonCRW_1894-1 copy3.jpg
    Antelope CanyonCRW_1894-1 copy3.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 49
Ron from Big D said:
Jim:  The Wave is part of an area called Coyote Buttes and is about 40 miles west of Page.  Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon just outside and east of Page.  I have a lot of stuff from Antelope also.  Did a 40x60 Canvas for another customer from Antelope.  I've attached it here.  Oh yes, it is a photo on canvas, but they have a painterly feel.

Hey Ron,

That one looks like a large version of the one you did for me.  I  am looking at it now as I sit in Motorhome in St. Louis in the rain.

Betty

Great pictures, Ron.

They both bring back fond memories of the hike to the wave we did together and also our visit to Anelope Canyon, which we also visited with you and Shirley. Was the Anelope Canyon photo taken that day or have you returned for more photos?

R

Thank you Lorna.

Betty:  Glad you are enjoying the Antelope Canyon image, but sorry that it is raining.  The image you have was captured in the upper Antelope and the one I showed is from the Lower Antelope.

Richard:  This image was captured late April this year on a return trip there.  By the way, are you signing up for my spring rally in the Hill Country.  If so, go ahead and make the reservations as noted in the first message about the rally.

Thanks to all of you for caring and purchasing.

Ron,

I remember you taking all those photos at The Wave!  What a great day we all had - and what a super photo.  You have an uncanny eye for being able to pick out some small detail and making it the focus of the art.  Neat technique!

Also like your Antelope Canyon photo.  Did you go on the special photographer tour or just the regular one?  We've been impressed that the guides are pretty good at helping people get the best shots there.

ArdraF

Ardra:    This was a regular tour.  In the lower canyon, you move at your own pace and have several hours to shoot.  The upper funnels you in and out pretty fast.

Bill:  I have a local printer that does my larger work and a local frame & art store that does the museum wraps.  Both are top notch and good friends.

Ron

Ron,

You're the Master!!! I'm hoping to get to Antelope, or one of the other slot canyons, when we leave Yellowstone in October. Hopefully the weather will co-operate and the crowds will be gone. I also hope I have some luck in capturing what you do so effortlessly.

Thanks Jim.  I always appreciate your comments.  By the way, best check on Antelope to make sure they are running tours when you head that way.  You  can check with the Chamber of Commerce.  They should know.

I always enjoy your Yellowstone images, but I agree with Seilerbird:  Keep your horizons level unless you are trying for an effect.

Do you have a physical address there where I can mail you an outline on "Composition" ?  You might find it usefull.

Ron,

Will check to see about the tours. May just find one of the lesser known, but still great, slot canyons in the area. I know Antelope gets quite busy.

I do have problems with horizons at times. :) Many times I realize the horizon needs adjustment but then forget to do it before I post the photo. :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom