4th Annual New Year's Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lou,

Glad you can attend again. We are up to 15 coaches plus a few maybes. Looks like are News Eve party will be in two coaches again.

ken

For those of you planning to attend the New Year's Rally at Catalina State Park. We renewed our annual Arizona State Park Pass and had to fork out a whopping $75.00! The State "upped" the annual fee considerably. In fact the prices for everything was raised considerably. The reasoning is that if people buy the annual pass, they would use the parks more. As far as I know, State residents do not get a break on the fees either.......go figure......

Mariekie

Just to be clear, you do NOT need an Arizona annual pass to Camp at any AZ State park (including Catalina SP).

The Annual Pass is for day use and provides no discount for camping. We do not have an annual pass because we have no State Park near to us for easy day use.

Wow!  I will be driving back from a Holiday visit in Texas.  This sounds like a great place to spend New Years.  Right now I am a "maybe",..plans should firm up in December.

Barb and Frank,

Glad you decided to join the group for New Years. Looks like we have a really great group.

See you after Christmas.

ken

Rally Attendees,

We have signed up for the Holiday evening guided tour through Saguaro National Park (East). The park allowed us to sign up 7 cars for the 5:30 tour. We tried to sign up last year but were too late to get space. The only cost is entrance to the park, but we should have enough members with passes to get us all in (your senior parks pass works)

Description follows:

December 30 5:30 p.m. Holiday Car Caravan guided auto tour
Explore the natural lore of the solstice holiday on a unique nighttime drive through the park?s loop drive. Auto tours will be offered at 5:30, 6:00, 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 and 8:00 p.m., and will feature several stops along the 8-mile Cactus Forest Drive. Each tour lasts approximately 1? hours. Cookies and cider will be offered at the visitor center all evening. As space is limited, advanced reservations are required, and can be made by calling 733-5153. This program is wheelchair accessible.

ken

No need to sign up at this point. I think 7 cars will handle all the want to go with 4, 5 and even 6(third seat) to a car.

ken

Paul and Ann are planning on joining the group for the New Year's Eve festivities.  Not quite sure when we will arrive or leave.  We will let you know when are plans are firmed up.
Paul&Ann

Paul & Ann

Glad you will be able to join us.  Keep us posted on your schedule.  We will start posting information regarding sites when we arrive there on 12/24.

Sheila

Jane and Bill Berry have just arrived at Catalina and hope to catch all of you between visits with our son and daughter-in-law, who are also visiting the area. We may not stay through New Years Day. As I am writing, there is a 17 y.o. being rescued here at Romero Pools after he fell yesterday afternoon while hiking. They tried to reach him by helicopter last evening without success. Rescuers spent the night with him and are back now to get him out...lots of commotion here!

Ray & Liza are arriving tomorrow mid day. Is the campground full? Will we have trouble finding a spot?
Thanks
Ray

Ray

Hopefully there should be room, we've had no problems in the past, but a friend of ours was there Thanksgiving and he said it was full. We usually meet in the second section, Campground B, using the right half of the campground as you enter. Give us a report when you get set up. As of now we are planning on arriving midday Saturday. If it looks like it is filling up, we might come down Friday morning.

Ray,

I don't think you will have a problem mid-day. I don't know how full the CG currently, but I will keep all posted after we arrive on Friday late morning.

In the past the CG has never actually filled this period, but it has gotten close and it is becoming more popular ever year.

See you Friday.

ken

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom