4th Annual New Year's Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And there was a year a group of us went to Laughlin  and others went to Lake Pleasant.  Can't recall the exact year.
Betty

Yes, we had quite a large group at Lake Pleasant for the 2005-6 New Years rally.  I know we went there again the following year, but it was a smaller group and we stayed in the water/electric sites closer to the lake and not in the resort.

HAppy New Year to all, one of our favorite New Years Eve's was at Catalina 2 years ago.  You wrote of the temps and the snow in the mountains.  Just thought I would share an image from here, just think, you could all have met up here and really enjoyed yourselves.

Attachments

• Icicles.jpg
    Icicles.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4343.jpg
    IMG_4343.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 34
Bill,

Now you have found weather were a non-slide coach is at a real advantage!!!!
We stayed in the HR when it was 4 below and it was ok, but I think I would have to pull in all the slides in the Camelot to survive that kind of temperature. It did ok at 22 degs, but I'm not sure how much colder it could handle and be comfortable.

Stay warm, hope to see you next summer.

ken

See you in a couple weeks!  We will be at Q on the Sunday.  There aren't a lot of motorhomes here at this time of year, but lots of trailers and many have slides. 

Ken & Sheila said:
Bill,

Now you have found weather were a non-slide coach is at a real advantage!!!!
We stayed in the HR when it was 4 below and it was ok, but I think I would have to pull in all the slides in the Camelot to survive that kind of temperature. It did ok at 22 degs, but I'm not sure how much colder it could handle and be comfortable.

Stay warm, hope to see you next summer.

ken

Ken,

Be sure and check your water compartment for insulation on the floor many Monaco's and CC's have inadequate insulation for colder temperatures.  Might want to check the bay floors too.  A friend of ours learned the hard way and things froze on the way south.  I thought you stayed far enough south to avoid cold.  Oh, I forgot the cold down south is due to global warming!!!    :)

And then there was one.  This morning 1/3  Chuck & Marie, Bernie & Marlene and Terry & Betty  pulled out of Catalina State park to head for  new adventures.  Fred and Daisy will  be the last ones to leave.  We  sure hope to see our whole framily again soon at another rally.

Catalina ia just such a perfect spot! Happy New Year 2011 to all.

Betty

Betty,

I too would like to thank you for your help. You always help to organize and add something special.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
You always help to organize and add something special.

I did not do much to organize this rally but I do enjoy participation.  I did want to add a special touch to New Year's Eve so I did  the "nail"  and hat thing.  Big thanks to  silent heros like Debbie who funded 1/2 of the bling , hats and horns.

I purchased a blongo game  for a  golf like game but it was way too cold.  Watch out Quartzsite , here I come!  I find people to be such good sports, they only need a  gentle push to have a wonderful and outrageous time! 

As I age and look at the passing of  friends and family, I want to make sure we all join in for the rest of the time we have left on the planet.  You just never knowif this rally will be our last.  That being said,  I  did make a few resolutions to make my health better in 2011.

Some of you know, my husband and I switch  years to plan our life.  2011 is my year and it will be filled with friends and family destinations just so we don't miss anything

Love to my RVForum Framily
Betty!

I have already thanked Ken and Sheila in person for the rally. As I have mentioned to a couple of people the worse part of being sick was missing most the get-togethers.

No one objected. ;D

Betty Brewer said:
Watch out Quartzsite , here I come!  I find people to be such good sports, they only need a  gentle push to have a wonderful and outrageous time

OK, first time Qz participants. Fair Warning!  This Betty Person, has a unique ability to persuade you to shuck your inhibitions and participate in all kinds of hijinks.  Documented:  Frisbee golf in absolute freezing cold, enjoyed by all -- well, most of us, anyway.  Who knows what else she's got up her sleeve.  She can persuade you to produce your favorite potluck dish, when you don't even like to cook.  She can put a red hat on your head and feed you tea in a cup in the middle of the desert.  She can talk you into participating in a talent show which you might regret (or treasure) the rest of your life.  She can persuade you to take part in a game when you're an entrenched fuddy-duddy. 

Practice saying "NO".  Oh, forget it ... she'll rope you in anyway.  She's one of the Framily treasures.  Pretty and smart, too! Surrender now, you'll never regret it.  ;D

Margi  (been there, loved it!)

Margi

Margi,

This Betty person of whom you speak, concocted a poker game, as you might remember, for last year's Quartzsite rally. My team actually won but was disqualified by this Betty person who was the self-appointed judge of the contest. After leaving the rally she made mention, on the Forum, of the fact that 3 of her playing cards were lost during the game and she was unable to play solitaire. When we arrived in Zion for the rally last May, I gave her 3 of my playing cards to complete her set so that no one on the Forum could continue to accuse this Betty person of "not playing with a full deck"!

I'd really like to know what games might be in the plan for this year's rally so that I might devise the means to insure victory for myself or my team prior to the actual contests. But then, I guess that even the best laid plan would go astray if a less than benevolent judge were to rule against me. I guess that it's better to have played and lost than to never have played at all

Oh yes,

I have been accussed of being competitive.  But even dear Randy wants to play again.  I think I will appoint him in charge of  games for Quartzsite and then just you all watch me give him grief!

The game is Blongo.

Betty

Ok, the 4th Annual New Year's Rally at Catalina State Park is officially over.  Daisy and Fred left today and we turned out the lights.  First one there next year, gets to turn them back on.... ;D

Great time everyone, and hope to see you all again somewhere, sometime....

Daisy and Fred

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom