50 AMP CONVERTER QUESTION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KANDJCITATION

i have never owned a rv with a converter, so i may sound a bit lost BUT what can i run with the 110 power disconected? also any additional comments woulod be appreciated.

Off 120VAC, you can operate your fridge, your house lights, your water pump, furnace and vent fans.   Likely you can operate a stereo if one is installed.    You are on 12VDC from your batteries and you are definitely limited in the number of watt hours available.  Using an inverter, you can operate a small electronic appliance.

Air conditioning and microwaves need 120 VAC from the grid to operate. 

The confusion here is whether you meant "converter", which coverts 120v to 12v for battery charging,  or "inverter", which converts battery 12v to 120 vac to run some appliances when shore power (110/120v) is unavailable.

As Carl says, with no 110/120, the batteries in your RV, coupled with propane for heat source) will power many things directly, but not the air conditioner or microwave. And you can't plug in 120v gadgets such as a hair dryer or cell phone charger either. If you have an "inverter", them some additional things can be powered.

yes, i did mean inverter, wow! i feel dumb now!

thanks for all the answers, aare you the only 2 guys who answer tech questions on this sight? so far you guys have answered everyone i asked!!

THANKS AGAIN TO THE BOTH OF YOU!!

There are several of us who answer Tech questions. However if the answer is already given when we get here..... Why duplicate typing

Ron Carl and Roamer are among the best at it though

KANDJCITATION said:
yes, i did mean inverter, wow! i feel dumb now!

thanks for all the answers, aare you the only 2 guys who answer tech questions on this sight? so far you guys have answered everyone i asked!!

THANKS AGAIN TO THE BOTH OF YOU!!

I sometimes answer tech questions but I don't have a regular connection so the other guys usually beat me to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom