5th wheel RV not level when attached to a 4x4 Ford truck - any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Warboar
distance between the bedrails of the truck and the 5th wheel, when attached.
Thanks

I had to lower the trucks rear with 2" shackles.
And raise the trailer with 2" blocks at the axles.

A lot of work to get it level and 6" at the bed rail.

2015 2500HD Sivlerado and a 2008 Keystone Springdale.

dfar said:
Warboar
distance between the bedrails of the truck and the 5th wheel, when attached.
Thanks

I didn't get any measurements of the trailer to bedrail prior to lifting the truck.  I do know that when pulling it into the storage unit the bedrails touched the bottom of the 5th wheel.  After the trailer was lifted I have approx. 5"-5-1/2" of clearance.  I recently adjust the pin box to it's lowest setting but I have not hooked it up to my truck yet.  I have the trailer parked down in AZ for work and don't use my personal truck for work. 
I am hoping it gives me closer to 7" since my 5th wheel is a toyhauler and we take it off-road about 95% of the time we use it.  A lot of the dirt roads that we use can be pretty rutted out and that's where the clearance comes in handy. 

Remember "flipping axles" on a trailer also changes the center of gravity considerably - the pin box on the trailer is adjustable (usually 3 settings but not always ) and the hitch in the truck is adjustable ( also 3 settings )

switching from my 2013 3500 Chevy to my 2017 F350 Dually Ford required i change the hitch height  - when the trailer is hooked up i have a good distance between the truck an trailer

Please do not consider using blocks on leaf springs, EVER.
This came about for, well I won't say it, but Forrest Gump has a saying for it. Cheap 4x4 trick from the 70's, works until a blocks twists out and they will, just give it time.
Shackles, H style only.
Leaf springs can be re-arched some what or custom lengths can be had fairly cheap.

Back
Top Bottom