6 months full timing and 10 things I learned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kc8qvo said:
Post 12 to post 13 went from April to August. Older thread but good stuff.

I just happened to stumble in to this thread and will join the rest that are appreciative of the insight.

As to the height of the trailer - what was the pressure in the tires?

Gahh sorry for the late reply ive been so busy lately i had entirely forgotten about this thread, That said the trailer was about a foot off the ground problem is that the parking spot was rutted so there was a 2 foot hole in the ground under the tires so it fell from knee height im lucky it didnt damage anything, live and learn also pressure was 80ish i think i  As for why i didnt move i work in the oilfield so my choices were TT in winter or $3000 a month for a studio split with 2 other guys....the 3k being my share of the 9k rent, not quite that bad but close.

as for those of you asking let me get some pictures up real quick.
http://imgur.com/a/CWf7o
and yes those are a full size fridge freezer and washer/dryer combo with an oversized secondary heater and espar bunk heater under the bed, its also ducted custom :D

so another 11 things i have learned while im here.

When installing a waterpump is it a good idea to actully read the instructions, while having water spray out the side of your trailer because you installed the hoses wrong is halarious the guys next door likely wont apprecate a good drenching, Especally when he is in the middle of grilling.

Metal paint roller trays when cut and JB welded then duct taped down make decent emergancy fixes for the roof vents after a wind storm.

Ecigs can apparently set off a propane leak when you are smoking them inspite of lack of open flame, And propane likes to pool under the trailer when leaking after a skunk eats the lines.

Eyebrows and beards from a propane explosion take a very long time to grow back.

Skunks apparently like to live under nice warm TT skirts so when you pull them off peek under them first before just ripping them down.

Outdoor TT showers are a good place to try and wash skunk spray off your face if you dont want the smell inside said trailer.

Ghost pepper juice and flakes are apparently a VERY good way to keep critters out from under your trailer and from eating your lines.

When hooking your trailer to a vehicle for the first time it is a good idea to make sure you have the right plugs and right size ball BEFORE you lower it into place (i bought my trailer at the park so only moved it for the first time recently) and to make sure of both of them are correct at the same time when your a 4 hour drive from the nearest place with the correct parts.

G.O.A.L is not just for semi trucks, Parents dont apprecate you running over both trash cans blind corner or not when backing up and WILL make you clean up the mess rain and wind or no, Also mirror extenders on a half ton are a must.

Also its halarious to watch all the people where my parents live get pissed off because i have power, AC, running water and a working stove when the power goes out  as it tends to do all the time in utah.

And lastly TTs are tougher then they look and can apparently survive being sideswiped by a semi on the freeway, It is also a good idea to always carry duct tape.....lots and lots of it, duct tape can patch anything, duct tape is magical.

http://m.imgur.com/a/eyS5l

And as always full timing is not for everyone if it can go wrong not only WILL it go wrong full timing does not come with instructions so you get to figure it out on your own.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom