86 Fleetwood limited 37ft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnny2270

hello guys ! new to the forum ,i just got a 86 Fleetwood limited 37ft 454 Chevy and i am having trouble getting the generator to start i have checked plugs fuel and point and it is not getting any fuel but it is all so not getting any fire ,is there any other breaker /switch other then under the bed .should the coil be hot on one side? .and where are the propane tanks at on it ?

i know about the main switch's above the door it has 3 .

the outside is not that nice but the inside is very clean

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 40
Propane tank (one) should be accessible through one of the side bay doors. There is often a  sticker on the outside warning that it must not be locked (but maybe worn away on yours).

The generator fuel pump and starter are 12v powered. I'm guessing it is a gasoline fueled generator, so it pulls gas from the main fuel tank. A bad pump or leaky fuel line are common problems on older rigs with generators.

Or are you saying  it is a propane fuel generator? That wasn't common back in 1986. If so, liquid propane or vapor?

Your generator won't run unless there is at least 1/4 of a tank of gas. This keeps you from running the gas tank dry if you are out boondocking.

it is full of gas ,and the gen is gas ,the gen cranks over good but it is not getting fuel of fire if the pump is bad will it kill the fire to the spark plugs and points ?

my 88 pa had the same problem, when my mechanic bypast the wires on the genny it would fire up ,but otherwise it would just crank.
I had to change the circuit board in the genny (onan 4000 watt).
you might check out i2rv forum (kartvines) he has an 83PA and all my files for my 88
good luck

A bad pump will simply not deliver gas. The lack of fuel and spark suggests that the controller circuit board either is not receiving power or is broken.

What make and model of generator is it? You will probably need a service manual or troubleshooting guide specific to it.

This web site, Flight Systems, may be of some help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayVee
Back
Top Bottom