9" of snow here & I'm packing up for a camping trip in 3 days!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nuttyzoomzoom

Hilarious to me.  But we're both itching.  When we bought the first MG, we were out topless at 40*.  We're planning a shakedown* trip close by - Babler State Park, in Missouri.  Close enough with the holiday on Sunday that we can leave Thursday evening and be home Saturday afternoon.

I know the furnace works, we checked that before we bought it.  Also taking a ceramic space heater to use (instead) or in addition to.  Mid-50s, so weather will be nice but ground will be mush from all the snow.

We really have no idea what we're doing.  I told dahubby we'll just pack like we do when we road trip in one of the MGs.  With 1000 times more space!  All my shoes will be VERY happy this summer - just sayin...'

ANYTHING we need to know, need to check, need to do before pulling out as newbies on the first trip?

By the way, y'all are the best.  Have been beyond helpful to us.  I intend on keeping y'all around!

Snuggling when the temps are really low is so much fun!  ;)

Always practice safe sex...... Don't tell'em your real name!

Cheers

nuttyzoomzoom said:
ANYTHING we need to know, need to check, need to do before pulling out as newbies on the first trip?

Of course there is a lot we are not telling you. And we aren't going to tell you either. You see this way there will be more funny stories for you to post on Monday and we will all be rolling on the floor. ;D ;D ;D

I just have one thing to say.. I'm in Upstate South Carolina low-lands (Below 1,000 feet altitude, I am not sure where low/high division is but it's at least 1,000 feet)

Though I have seen snow fall on occasion this winter.. I have not seen it stick around.

Make sure you have plenty of gasoline,too, in case for some reason ( um, 9" 's) you get stuck somewhere and have to run the generator.  See I'm not as evil as SOME on this forum! 
Love the banter, by the way.

Maddie said:
Make sure you have plenty of gasoline,too, in case for some reason ( um, 9" 's) you get stuck somewhere and have to run the generator.  See I'm not as evil as SOME on this forum! 
Love the banter, by the way.

If we didn't feel like she had a great handle on this, our replies would be much different.

Steve

IS THAT ALL?  We got 15" of the white stuff just a 100 miles north. One thing about it, there was no traffic this morning. We got to work faster than normal. I was only missing 1 guy out of my shop, but the wife office was missing 13. We noticed that most driveways weren't touched on the way this morning. Good luck on your trip, I'll wait amother month.

I answered Steve a few minutes ago but server failed. Yes, Steve, glad you got it.

I should have said gas/diesel anyway. Doesn't everyone have gas? I mean gasoline.

Good travels, and let us know how it went.

I'm in south county with 5" of  the beautiful white stuff. Got back 2 weeks ago from S. Texas where it was 100 degrees last Saturday.  Be sure and check with Bablar to make sure their roads are clean.  Eddie Elk.

Snow's quickly melting here, only thing we'll have to worry about Thursday evening is when (notice I didn't say IF) dahubby backs OFFADA pad and into the muck that will be dry dirt in a few months.  Yes I'll have the camera and betcha I'll post pics if it happens.  I mean, really, what's the odds of him ever getting on here, or ever meeting anyy'all?

3/4 tank of propane, so we should be good, full of gas(OLINE), beer packed, SoCo packed, firewood, we'll figure out the food.  It's a KISS weekend, Keep It Simple Stupid.  Probably a crockpot of chili.  Thinking Child #2, son-in-law and Grandgirl#3 will be meeting us.  Tomorrow will be spent making a nursery area.  I think one of those underbelly compartments should work just fine... 

I'm so danged excited for me.  :p

SeilerBird said:
Of course there is a lot we are not telling you. And we aren't going to tell you either. You see this way there will be more funny stories for you to post on Monday and we will all be rolling on the floor. ;D ;D ;D

~thumps SeilerBird upside the head~

captsteve said:
^^^ 2x ;D ;D ;D

Take a car if you can. My crystal ball says " Nuttyzoomzoom will need to go to wal-mart" ;) ;) ;)

Oh Lardee no.  I HATE shopping.  I've done more the past few days getting bits and pieces for HaRVey than I've done in a very long time. 

nuttyzoomzoom said:
I think one of those underbelly compartments should work just fine...

I like your thinking!

I love kids, They just don't fit on my grill and I can never seem to finish them in one sitting! :eek:

nuttyzoomzoom said:
Oh Lardee no.  I HATE shopping.  I've done more the past few days getting bits and pieces for HaRVey than I've done in a very long time.

I didn't say you would WANT to go shopping. Just trust me.

Back
Top Bottom