93 Chevy blower fan motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rooster22

I just bought a 93 Chevy chassis, with Dutchmen coach. The blower fan motor has bad motor bearings, screeches loudly. I assume a replacement motor is widely available. My question is how to replace the fan motor. Is this going to be difficult?? Anyone have experience making this repair?

I also have some other specific Chevy questions, but cannot find a Chevy forum that includes model C-30. Anyone know of a Chevy truck forum??

Thanks,
Rooster22...........Larry

I changed mine with little problem.  It's semi accessible by laying on the floor on the passenger side.  A series of bolts.  Can't remember how many it's been a few years.  One electrical plug and pull it out.  Google search Evans-Tempcon and you should be able to find a replacement.

You said C30, so is this a class C rather than an A, which would usually be a P30 or p32? I ask becasue the HVAC systems are different. The C30 should have a standard Chevy van HVAC, but the P30/P32/P37 will have an aftermarket system added by the coach builder. Usually an Evans Tempcon system in those years.

Is this a Class A or C? Either way a full size Chevy Van manual covers most things. If you have a class A and 4 wheel disc brakes you likely have Hydroboost/autopark brakes "oldusedbear" has write-ups online about this system. Best thing for you to do is identify your rig and chassis in your profile so it shows up at the bottom of every post you make, this will help prevent people with a Ford chassis from answering with a Ford specific solution for a Chevy problem.

Bill

My Daybreak on a P30 chassis has a GM blower motor, so did my Challenger. I've had them both out cleaning out the mice nests.

Unit is a Class C with van nose. It did not have the Chevy owner's manual, when I purchased used. ID on front cowl sides says Chevy 30, H/D. Unsure what "heavy duty" means regarding the chassis. It does have the one piece all fiber glass engine hood, that is hinged at the front. Unhook the clips, and entire hood swings forward to access the motor.

Thanks for all the advise.

Its is a C30hd. The fan motor is not hard to change. There are videos on youtube about changing fan motor. Just takes a little time for the first one.They are similar to pickups for changing. Good luck. :)

Sorry I forgot to ad C30HD is listed as a one ton chassis. I had one and is hard to believe  it is only one ton.

Actually my 2005 W Series uses a standard Chevy Pickup Truck blower you can get at auto---jujst about anyuthing  (Pep Boys, O'Rileies, Auto Zone, Discount Auto, NAPA, Chevy Dealer, Junk Yards and more) 

Step one is find it

A long time ago Thomas Edison optimized electric motor design.. They have not made any major improvement in his design as far as I know to this date,, at least not at the kind of power level automotive blowers operate at... So the auto companies have not made major changes to the blower motors in a very long  time.. Some are bigger, some smaller, but there are only a very few that they use.

The weather has warmed up a bit, so today I popped open the hood to look at the HVAC blower motor unit. It appears that it is easily accessible from under the hood at the fire wall. Looks like remove some screws and the power wiring connector, and it should just pull out. If so, this has just got to be too easy to R&R. Thanks for advise regarding should be available at any retail auto parts store, though prolly have to order in, or buy on line, and have shipped to my home.

I have mostly been a Ford guy, not so much a GM guy, so I have a lot to learn about my Chevy. It has the hydra-vac system, which I remember was the same set up as on my 85 full size Pontiac wagon. I am not real keen on hydra-vac, as the tried and true vacuum booster system on Fords seems a lot simpler, and less troublesome. However, it is, what it is.

I have hydroboost on my 93. if you are capable of doing brake work you can learn the hydroboost system. The problem with it is that most mechanics don't know it. My brakes needed work when I bought my rig. I learned about it, my whole system works as it should now and is trouble free.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom