A/C Fan won't turn on.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay.Sparks

Starting yesterday my a/c and fan would both turn on and run smoothly.  Later in the evening, however, it'd shut up for a few minutes and then come back on.  Now when I turn my a/c to fan only it won't turn on whatsoever and when I turn it to a/c all you hear is a faint hum.  I've taken the cover off from the inside and tried turning the fan and it turns smoothly but that doesn't "jump start" it at all.  It's a Coleman Mach "EL" if that's any more help.  I'm quite lost as I've never had the pleasure of having to repair an air conditioner on our camper before..

I agree with jammer. I just changed the start capacitor for the compresser because that's all it would do is hum. works now for $16.00

I'm thinking Jay Sparks could probably benefit from more details on finding and replacing that capacitor that you both mentioned... if you changed it yourself, and have that information.

He says it still doesn't run when he gives the fan a manual spin assist, so that suggests it is NOT the fan capacitor. But the failure of the a/c compressor to start makes one suspicious of the hard start capacitor for the compressor.

Back
Top Bottom