A Day in the Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was driving along by Hayden Valley in Yellowstone one fine day when I ran into a traffic jam and all traffic was stopped watching a herd of buffalo cross the road. I took out my camera and put it on the steering wheel getting ready to take a snap shot when the last buffalo turned and headed right towards me in a trot. Being a true photographer I switched to movie mode and captured what I thought would be the last video I ever filmed. Fortunately the buffalo veered off at the last moment and didn't demolish my van, however he did scrape it a bit as he went past and if you listen carefully you can hear the scrape. This was the second time I have been charged by a buffalo. The first time I was on foot at Theodore Roosevelt National Park when an old male came charging after a group of us. We scattered like bowling pins and hid behind trees. No one was hurt. Be very careful around buffalos, they are one ton of a bad attitude and very sharp horns.

http://youtu.be/aqcYcz-fGuo

Jim and Tom - Both of you have awesome photos!  Tom, your advice is well taken.  We were at T. Roosevelt when a couple of bison stopped in the road.  The idiot in the car in front of us started honking his horn to get them to move.  He was really lucky the bison didn't charge but just kept meandering along!

ArdraF

Tom,

You are so right about the Bison. Nobody will win against them! Too many times i've seen tourists within 20' trying to get that closeup shot.

This morning, before defrosting the awning, I took a ride to a couple of geyser basins hoping to capture some of the magic I saw the other day. Unfortunately, it had gotten warm enough to melt most of the snow and frozen steam. I did capture a couple of shots and have attached one of them.

Attachments

• Winter Magic.jpg
    Winter Magic.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom