A Dirty Subject

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Don

A question on TP......

DW and I are reading all sorts of conflicting info......

Are all "septic safe" TP brands safe for an RV, or must we use the (far more expensive) RV TP?

What TP do you use?

::)

D

Thanks Tom....still finding my way around here....tons of great info.

Thanks again.

D

Many people use Kirkland brand septic safe TP with great results. But bottom line, any of the septic safe products will do just fine.  Pick the one that fits your bottom best.

Use the same one(s) you use at home. We have done that for twenty years and never have had a problem

Jack L

We use the same Charmin Ultra soft at home and in the RV. Never a problem.

This dirty topic shows up every few months.  Do not use facial tissue for TP.  Past that, almost any TP works well.  The Library article is the real answer!

I love how often this comes up. ;) I use Charmin ultra strong. I have never had a problem. I have seen proof it breaks down into a slurey before dumping. Don't you just hate it when the campground septic backs up. :p
In reality if you use plenty of water you will not have a problem.
Bill

denmarc said:
Still happens to me in Manistee National Forest in my neck of the woods too! I've had to find a nice soft pine cone before!  ;)
You are being very organic and "green" but I have heard they don't break down well in the holding tank but do leave a nice pine smell. ;D
Bill

Culture crash...

When in doubt use the bathroom trash can.

I lived overseas where there were big signs over all the toilets warning you NOT to flush anything you didn't eat first. All toilet paper went into a garbage can.

I did this at home too. I carried the garbage out everyday, those little grocery bags are free, so it was never a smell or a problem.

Even now I carry my garbage out daily, sometimes twice.

Mostly I flush my paper, but when I am boondocking with friends, I put it all in the garbage to extend the life of the black tank. Works fine that way.

So using the garbage can for toilet paper isn't as gross as it seems. My little can has a lid on it, don't even have to look at it when it's there.  ;D

It's going to the dumpster once or twice a day anyhow, so no time for it to build up an odor.

WILDEBILL308 said:
You are being very organic and "green" but I have heard they don't break down well in the holding tank but do leave a nice pine smell. ;D
Bill

Maybe a better choice would be "green" leaves.  :eek: ::) :p :-\ ;D

WILDEBILL308 said:
Bill

Not thinking a holding tank is involved in this circumstance. If you get the drift... ;)
Organic? You nailed it! ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom