About to buy a new fifth wheel and wanting to know what is a must have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel Downs

Hi all! We are about to buy a new fifth wheel because the one we have now a 2000 Jayco Eagle with one slide in the living room isn't as roomy as we would like for a family of 6 and its a pain to pull ( heavy ). I would love to hear from all of you on what you think is a must for campers with a family. Some of the layouts my husband likes are the front bunkhouse, he thinks its more cozy for us in the rear with a bit more space. We know we need plenty of storage inside and out and a couple of slides for added room. One I like is the ones with couches that are shaped like a U that take the place of the table booth here. I want to make a smart choice on what we buy and any ideas are valued.

Howdy, Rachal.

I see that the fifth wheel trailer that you are interested in, has a  GVWR  of  13,739 lbs.  Can your F-250 tow that weight and also safely stop it?

Regards,
Liz Pearce

Jackliz said:
Howdy, Rachal.

I see that the fifth wheel trailer that you are interested in, has a  GVWR  of  13,739 lbs.  Can your F-250 tow that weight and also safely stop it?

Regards,
Liz Pearce

I doubt the F-250 can legally and safely handle 13,000 plus lbs but it would sure be a very good idea to run the numbers.

That is just a layout that I really like with the couch designed, I wasn't meaning that is the one that I would like to buy. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Rachel

Hi Rachel

I really like the FPs with the bunks up front too. I don't have but two children but one of them is 6' and 200+ pounds. One of the major things we thought was a requirement when looking for our new TT was more space in the living area. Inevitably when we go anywhere it is going to rain and with our previous TT we were rather cramped. I do like the U-shaped dinettes too it gives you much more room when serving 6 people.

Have fun in your search!

We have four kids too.  We have a quad bunk package, our bunks are in the back.  It works great for us.  One thing I love on our fifth wheel is the back storage garage.  It holds so much and it is so easy to access everything.

We have a 2006 Keystone Cougar with living/dining slide.

http://keystone-cougar.com/index.html?page=detail&year=2008&model=314BHS

Happy searching, best of luck to you!!

Heather

I think a must have with a family of 6 is a sense of humor and lot of patience !    :D

We have a 33ft Excel with three slides.  The rear has an entertainment center.  We took out the two recliners and moved the sofa to the smaller rear slide.  On the large slide side there is a futon bed and table with four chairs.  We can hang out in the rear of the camper and enjoy a movie or sing star.  There is a lot of storage.  It is a 2000 model and buying used saves a lot of money.  I tow it with a 2500HD Chevy Crew Cab Durmax.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom