AC issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyingtexan

Greetings. My secondary AC unit, (not the one hooked to my thermostat) resides in the master bedroom of my 5th wheel. It will run and blow cold for awhile then it almost stops blowing, by like 90%. Not sure what is happening, freezing up or something. It's sounds the same just a huge reduction in blowing power, if that makes sense. Once we shut it off it starts to drip inside and on the bed, annoying at best.

Any ideas?

If its freezing up what can be done?

I don't know if this is the cause but I would go on the roof and remove the AC cover. Wash the condensor fins. Be careful not to bend them because they are very delicate. I've heard of people using simple green, let is set for a while then rinse with a hose.

If it is freezing up then first check aiiflow across everything. If its not that the thermostat might be broken or it might be getting low on refrigerant

Also never run your fan speed on the AC on low. Always run on high as that keeps the air moving across the coils and will help prevent  freeze up. It's worse if there is high humidity where you are at. The moisture in the air contributes to freeze up.

Back
Top Bottom