AC leaking in the outer storage comparment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCD52

When my AC is on i get water in the outer back storage compartment and water from the roof is dripping along the outer right side...no water or condensation inside house nor under the bed b when slide out is extended out...any suggestions thanks

It is normal for condensation from the inside cooling coils to be caught and drained outside and onto the roof of the RV. The way that the RV happens to be sitting will determine what direction that water will run once on the roof but it sounds like that is happening with yours. Do you have a rain gutter along that side of the RV as it usually is caught by that gutter and then drips from one or both ends of it. I am guessing that you have a leak somewhere between the side of the roof and the interior of the wet storage compartment. It might help to know more about your RV.

Sounds like the seals on your compartment door need to be replaced. Or the constant exposure to water is causing a problem that wouldn't happen in an ordinary rainstorm. I had A/C runoff running on my windshield collecting dirt. You can redirect the water with a self adhesive gutter from Amazon.

It is normal for condensation from the inside cooling coils to be caught and drained outside and onto the roof of the RV. The way that the RV happens to be sitting will determine what direction that water will run once on the roof but it sounds like that is happening with yours. Do you have a rain gutter along that side of the RV as it usually is caught by that gutter and then drips from one or both ends of it. I am guessing that you have a leak somewhere between the side of the roof and the interior of the wet storage compartment. It might help to know more about your RV.
It's a 2014 winnebago view, profile on MB chassis...yes there is a drain line along the right edge but wayer does not drain through the drain line but along the exterior side wall...only when AC is ON
Thank you

...only when AC is ON
Since it is condensation from the cooling coils of your air conditioner, that is normal. What isn't normal is that water getting into the storage bay. It sounds like the drainage gutter along the side of the RV may be plugged up and need to be cleaned.
1714514533597.png

Thank you that makes sense have a RV AC tech scheduled for tomorrow

have a RV AC tech scheduled for tomorrow
There is nothing wrong with the air conditioner. It is doing exactly what it should be. Air conditioners always remove the humidity from the air and that is where the water you see is coming from. If you remove the cover of the air conditioner and look up into it you will see the cooling coils and the catch pan that is under it.
1714519740794.png
There is a tube from that catch pan that goes to the outside of the unit and then drains on to the RV roof to run away. Your problem is not the air conditioner.

Ok some info. As someone posted the A/C drains onto the roof. (Though it's not likely via a tube) and then it runs off .. if it's getting into the storage compartment then Rain and car wash water and any other water running down the side will soak the compartment... Door gasket is suspect #1 and damage to door or to area just above is #2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom