ACE 29.4 power awning and power bed issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fhoghvn

Hi,

I have a 2016 Thor ACE 29.4 and am experiencing two issues.

1.  I was able to lower the power bunk bed but when trying to raise it back up there seems to be no power to the switch. 

2.  The power awning will not extend.  I did find that the 15 amp fuse in the breaker panel was bad, so I inserted a new fuse.  The red light went out at this time.  Unfortunately the awning still will not extend.

As for the power bed, I could not find a fuse for it in the breaker box.  I would appreciate any suggestions as to what I should look at or try next.

Thanks,

Fred

Due to the lack of response.....I'll throw out a few things

Did they both go out at the same time?

Have you check for power on the switch of the awning?

I would recheck the fuse box for the power bunk bed. I'm assuming it's a 12 volt motor. So it has to have a fuse.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Yesterday, I found that after replacing the fuse again, if I tried the power awning it works fine.  I rolled the awning in/out three times and the fuse did not blow.  Then, I attempted to roll up the power bunk bed, the fuse blew immediately.  So, something is definitely causing the fuse when operating the bunk bed switch.

I have someone looking at this Thursday morning.  I will post my finding's.

Thanks,

Fred

Well at least you narrowed it down.

I'm surprised that they would share the same 15 amp fuse but I'm no expert.

Best of luck Fred.

Gizmo100 said:
Well at least you narrowed it down.

I'm surprised that they would share the same 15 amp fuse but I'm no expert.

Best of luck Fred.

I wonder if someone put too small of a fuse in there. I would contact the manufacturer and see what size fuse should be there. Then go from there.

Rene T said:
I wonder if someone put too small of a fuse in there. I would contact the manufacturer and see what size fuse should be there. Then go from there.

I Would have to check wire size or a manufacturer's recommended size before switching to a bigger fuse.

Gizmo100 said:
I Would have to check wire size or a manufacturer's recommended size before switching to a bigger fuse.

I never indicated to go with a bigger fuse. Hope no one misunderstood me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom