ACME Tow Dolly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVRAC

I was looking at the ACME Tow Dolly web page.  Has anyone used this one? If so, what was your experience?

Yes we bought one last year. It's a nice dolly- the issues we have had- if you watched their video you see they store the ramps on the tow bar with a strap. After a long day driving in rain with roads that were not the best, we pulled in to the camp and noticed the strap holding the ramp had frayed and we lost a ramp. Not sure where and hopefully it didn't cause injury to someone. Acme did send a new ramp to our camp- fortunately we were staying several days there. Also the tail lights popped out- they sent us new ones also. From what I understand they have modified the lights and the install so they should not fall out again.  It's a decent dolly- does it's job. After we lost the ramp we stored them inside our toad. didn't want to risk that again. 

I bought the acme dolly,in Oct. they have changed the design on the light and now the rams are stored on a pin on the trailer with a big wing nut have had no problems .Just made a 1500 mile trip fro Mass too Fla with no problems.
As a retired mechanical Eng. this is the best  dolly on the market from a mechanical design pint of view.

tom

Used one for about 5 years and 30,000 miles have no complaints, worked great. Wore tires out fairly fast doing sharp turns but I guess that is to be expected . The only tow dolly that I would own. I guess they have changed them a bit since ours but I stored the ramps on the front of the dolly . I put a ring on the outside of each so that I could thread a tie down strap through the ring and over the top of the ramps so they could not get off.....Alan.

Back
Top Bottom