Acorns on the roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could be worse, you could be under a Digger Pine. Those cones hit hard, loud and can cause major damage. Had one go through my tent once and slice open my sleeping air pad, popping it beyond repair.
If this place is a permanent spot I would install a cover.

Old_Crow said:
Watch those acorns, you'll break a hip. 
Yes, I am being very careful when I walk outside. I found out right away that these acorns are like marbles.

If this place is a permanent spot I would install a cover.
That was the whole point of this thread. I was wondering what I should do. But now that I am in my second winter the answer is to do nothing. It is just not an issue.

These are the "acorns" that fall from a tree at the MIL's house...I'm not sure what kind of nut it really is but it will get your attention when they hit you in the head.

We just rake them up and burn them...Since the squirrels can't seem to carry them off. :D

Attachments

• Now that's a nut.jpg
    Now that's a nut.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 27
ChasA said:
Might be black walnut.

Don't believe it's a Black Walnut.

Not sure...But The MIL thinks it may be a Bur oak tree. I just know you can break your neck if you step on one.
As she recalls Her Grandfather brought it from Kansas to Arkansas about 40 years ago and planted it.

Gizmo100 said:
Don't believe it's a Black Walnut.

Not sure...But The MIL thinks it may be a Bur oak tree. I just know you can break your neck if you step on one.
As she recalls Her Grandfather brought it from Kansas to Arkansas about 40 years ago and planted it.
I think your MIL is right. I did an image search for Bur Oak nuts and they look like a match. The tiny ones in my yard are not a problem to step on, they crush easy. However they do get stuck to the bottom of my shoes when I walk through them.

jackiemac said:
Don't they make amazing bowls from burr oak?

They do make some amazing bowls......And if cut down that tree and set up my lathe I could make some very beautiful Bowels..

However by the time those blanks were dry and ready to be turned on that lathe...My MIL would have my body buried in the back pasture....Maybe my loving wife would be kind enough to make a grave marker out of Burr Oak..

Attachments

• burr cross.jpg
    burr cross.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timothious
Back
Top Bottom