Adding a window A/C unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azbeachboy

My trailer lives in Northern Mexico and the summers are very hot and humid. Will I have a problem adding a window unit? I can remove a winow and sawsall a small area for the A/C unit will fit. I was going to use angle iron as a frame to hold it in place.
Has anybodys else tried this? The trailer never travels more than a mile from storage.
Thanks

I put a bedroom size window A/C in a Scamp trailer before I upgraded to the class A.  This thing fit nicely in the window (i added some wood framing, nicely painted to match the trailer)  And though the small units normally do not use braces.. I added some because I was worried about the thing bouncing around.. I mounted it in the front window

The only problem I had is where I parked it here at home it was under a tree and leaves and such got into it and I had to Removeit to clean.. So I finally built a cover to go over it so the trees would leaf it alone.  Worked well.

I did change the water drain as it dripped down on my propane tanks So I routed it my way (Down and past the tanks via a funnel and hose, Drilled up through the case, mounted the funnel below and the hose off that to below the gas bottle frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamiluu
Back
Top Bottom