Adding an outdoor shower ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tsgarvey

I'd like to add an outdoor shower to the back of my 2009 camper. My bathroom takes up the entire back of the camper and the sink sits about dead center. So... I'm thinking.. cut out a panel and tap into those lines. My hesitation is not knowing where the studs are.... any advice? Anything else I need to consider?

Attachments

• IMG_20190819_145632430.jpg
    IMG_20190819_145632430.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 24
You will have to determine if your camper is framed. Many campers are made with structural foam walls. In short no studs. There may be studs around the door opening. Thats probably it. If you can see the end section of a wall, like the inside of a storage door opening or any where an opening in the inside skin occurs you can look to see if there is foam sandwiched between the outside skin and the inside skin. You might try putting your campers name and model on Google. Sometimes specs and other info might be available and let you know what kind of walls your camper has.

Happy camping, Tom

Thanks Tom.. I will see if I can find somewhere that shows the foam you speak of. I searched Google for my model in hopes to find a just an owners manual... nothing.. never mind construction info.

I added an outdoor shower up closer to kitchen area.  I cut a small hole, poked around a bit with wire, found a stud, adjusted my placement of shower box, and went for it.  No problems.  Be careful. some of those shower boxes are crap and can let a lot of bugs in easily.  I simply put 'T's in my kitchen sink plumbing and ran regular flex lines. 

Thanks for the info Paul. What shower box did you go with? Did you get a longer than average hose?

I used this one.  Not a long hose, I suppose you could change that out.  The hose wraps up inside the unit, it is a bit more stiff than I like.  Works as intended, source of water outside the TT.  When I said I installed 'T's, i cut the pex tubing, installed 'T' with sharkbite connections.  Easy work.  Local hdw store will have what you need, along with water hookup hoses.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NBJM5G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit:  This is an example of what I would NOT buy.  Look at the pictures and you will see the box has openings, and the hose goes outside the box.  In my application, that would leave my undersink area exposed to free flowing bugs etc.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075MQW7MK/ref=psdc_10806169011_t3_B004NBJM5G

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sieldenchannel
Back
Top Bottom