Adding Bluetooth to Magnadyne M9900-1 Audio System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SPSchaller

The CD player in my 2005 Bounder's Magnadyne M9900-1 Audio System has died and doesn't appear to be recoverable. I really like the sound of this system and replacing a 1.5 DIN device is problematic, so I've decided to add a Bluetooth receiver so as to be able to stream music from my phone. The manual for the M9900-1 indicates there are 2 RCA jacks (L & R) on the back of the receiver, however I've not as yet removed the device to verify. If this is the case, then plugging in a Bluetooth receiver should be straight forward, Yes?
Installing the receiver directly to the device via the jacks would eliminate the external wiring of other adapters and likely produce better quality audio, imo.
I'm curious if anyone has ever added Bluetooth to one of these audio systems, and/or if anyone can tell me if the M9900-1 actually has the RCA jacks indicated in the manual.
Thanks.

I don't have that Magnadyne model (no CD player) but I did exactly this with mine a few years ago. I put a bluetooth unit in proximity to my BOMB where I also added an RCA jack selector, and I can do all sorts of audio patching fromt/to various devices. Like, playing music via MP3 on the TV and playing it over the Magnadyne as well as streaming from a phone or tablet to the Magnadyne. But to answer your question, the line level input of the Magnadyne, and line in /out from the bluetooth worked exactly as I would've expected.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

The CD player in my 2005 Bounder's Magnadyne M9900-1 Audio System has died and doesn't appear to be recoverable. I really like the sound of this system and replacing a 1.5 DIN device is problematic, so I've decided to add a Bluetooth receiver so as to be able to stream music from my phone. The manual for the M9900-1 indicates there are 2 RCA jacks (L & R) on the back of the receiver, however I've not as yet removed the device to verify. If this is the case, then plugging in a Bluetooth receiver should be straight forward, Yes?
Installing the receiver directly to the device via the jacks would eliminate the external wiring of other adapters and likely produce better quality audio, imo.
I'm curious if anyone has ever added Bluetooth to one of these audio systems, and/or if anyone can tell me if the M9900-1 actually has the RCA jacks indicated in the manual.
Thanks.
Have you done a reset? The reset button is near the lower right. Use a ballpoint pen or toothpick. If your system is dead as you say, the Bluetooth may not work. I reset my radio, powered it off, and back on. It has been working ever since. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom