Adding TPMS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dylandrewlukesdad

I will be getting 6 brand new tires for my 1993 Fleetwood Pace Arrow in the next month or so. I thought it would be a good time to add TPMS! SO, if you have added TPMS, what brand and model did you go with and why?

Thanks!

EEZTire TPMS....I put on my Class C...only complaint was one of the sensors was bummed up from a cheap chinese lithium battery that leaked.

GREAT IDEA!

When you get new tires, get METAL tire stems!  About the same price as rubber, but a must have with TMPS.

Ive used the TST 507 flow throughs for a couple of years. They work well.
Also have the sensors for the dolly and the rear wheels on the toad.
When snowbirding from MN to warm climates, I've noticed as much as an 8 psi increase which prompted me to bleed a bit of air out.

In my opinion the TPMS technology is pretty much perfected now and the product has become a commodity. You can pretty much buy the one whose price and monitor style/size meets your personal preferences.

One of the things I look for when selecting a TPMS is one where the sensors do not shut down after a short period with no movement. That means you don't get an accurate reading until you're underway again. I prefer to check the pressures before I head out. The TST 507 sensors are one brand that read at will, not just when underway. The user replaceable sensor batteries last at least a year, and cost less than $1 each to replace. I've been very pleased with the performance of the system and the great customer service the company provides.

Thanks Everyone! To those that recommended the TST 507, what if any issues have you had? I have read some reviews about the range ofthe sensor/receiver being an issue.

I have the TST 507 non-flow through sensors. I did have a problem with the passenger inside rear dually dropping out or not initially picking up. The problem did not surface until the second year that they were installed. I called TST and they sent me an extended range antenna (free of charge) to try before adding a repeater. The antenna screws in where the original antenna was and has a 6 foot cord. I mounted the antenna up on the trim by the windshield  post and have not had an issue since

I have the 507 TST, bught with the flow through transmitters

my issues
a valve extender didn't play well with one of the sensors...sometimes it would work , sometimes not...it wasn't depressing the valve stem (or maybe it was depressing it too far and conflicting with the transmitter plugging the hole)

The factory batteries in the sensors will leak.  Change them early.

I had some show signs of water damage.  i suspect the o-ring seals may have failed prematurely.

Factory was very responsive and replaced some of my transmitters.

I have started to replace with non-flow through models

last thing, take the transmitters off if you're going to park and store for any length of time, kills batteries.  So I pretty much take them off any time I store since it's usually a month or more between trips

BinaryBob said:
When snowbirding from MN to warm climates, I've noticed as much as an 8 psi increase which prompted me to bleed a bit of air out.

That alone would be reason enough for me to stay in the south.  ;D ;D ;D

dylandrewlukesdad said:
Thanks Everyone! To those that recommended the TST 507, what if any issues have you had? I have read some reviews about the range ofthe sensor/receiver being an issue.

In our previous 33' Class A, we had no problems at all reading all 10 TST 507 sensors (6 coach, 4 toad) at all times. When we moved the system to our current 34' coach, we started seeing occasional dropouts of the rear toad tires while underway. I traced the problem to interference from some of the new electronics we had installed at the same time. Since we weren't willing to give up using the electronics while underway, we installed a TST repeater that completely solved the problem.

We are in year two (2) with EEZRV System.  I did replace batteries after 15 months, but they were not expensive.  I bought from Amazon.  Get the ten (10) sensor system so you can also monitor the TOAD.

A few things I've learned:

Remove the sensors when in storage.
Buy good batteries on Amazon.  Renata (Swiss made) batteries are inexpensive and good.
When you replace a battery clean the contacts with a pencil eraser if there's any tarnish.
Use silicon pool lube on the o-rings.  Water leaks are not good.

Have used the TST 507 for 5 years now. Great product. I change batteries every two years. They send you extra Orings but, I had to order more.  I actually use pipe dope on Orings to control air leaks. I squirt them with a windex bottle when I install them to make sure no leaks. If MH going to set for a month or so I remove them. If we are going to take a trip in toad, just pull monitor and plug into toad.

Back
Top Bottom