Adding u shaped booth dinette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We were looking at this site a while back, thinking of replacing our front seats. Have not followed through, so don't know first hand how good of quality...http://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/dinettes.html

can't speak for the OP, but from the standpoint of seating, the U-shaped banquets are more comfortable in my opinion.  Back up to the corner with legs up in the seat.... like a lounge chair.

I am in the process of replacing our dinette with a U shaped one plus both the driver and passenger seat. I purchased it from Brad & Hall and have been pleased with the service. I have only sat on the seat in the garage as I am still doing the install. The biggest hassle has been removing the old dinette. Mine had electric wires coming through the side wall in two places and I am still getting them disconnected and marked so I can put them back. Also my existing side of the dinette facing forward had the large frame for seat belts. This frame is too tall for the new seat. I am debating just leaving them out since we very rarely have anyone with us or I have access to a shop that can cut shorten it. The new install looks reasonable enough but I have not finished yet to verify that.
For the front seats the challenge is all the moving mechanisms have to be removed from the existing seats and re-installed on the new. Not terrible except two nuts that wouldn't come loose. Fortunately my RV is in a garage and we are not going anyway for a couple of more months so I can work on it slowly.
I would like to sell the seats and dinette I removed as they are still very usable. Also the ordering time for the dinette is 8 to 10 weeks.

blw2 said:
can't speak for the OP, but from the standpoint of seating, the U-shaped banquets are more comfortable in my opinion.  Back up to the corner with legs up in the seat.... like a lounge chair.
don't have one but I would agree

I sure would like to toss out our cheap jack knife sofa, not to bad to lay on, with your body spreading the pressure out but, to sit very long it's terrible. I guess you can't expect much for 300.00 new :eek:. Before I spend 1200.00 on a sofa sleeper I want to sit in it and lay on the bed. Can't really run to California or Texas to see these shop4seats

Deano2002 said:
curious to know why u shaped over normal?

Hi sorry for the delay in reply. We have large family with five kids so it's more for maximizing seating space as well as adding an extra sleeping space too.  We are currently fixing up a diesel pusher we purchased and this is one of the options we are still strongly considering.

Txmomtomany said:
Hi sorry for the delay in reply. We have large family with five kids so it's more for maximizing seating space as well as adding an extra sleeping space too.  We are currently fixing up a diesel pusher we purchased and this is one of the options we are still strongly considering.
what's your diesel pusher project?

I finished the replacement of both the driver and passenger seat as well as converting to a U shape plush dinette. Very pleased with the results. As always several hurdles but mostly in getting the old dinette out due to wiring in the way.

RPNtraveler said:
I finished the replacement of both the driver and passenger seat as well as converting to a U shape plush dinette. Very pleased with the results. As always several hurdles but mostly in getting the old dinette out due to wiring in the way.

Without pics, it didn't happen! ;)

Those look like some great options. We just got a 2005 zeppelin and it has a curved dinette, which is new to us. Previous TT had the normal table with bench seat on each end. I like how plush the seats looked on that site. I might explore beefing up our foam when I recover our cushions.

Back
Top Bottom