Adirondack (North Country) log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoky:

In July mountains have white tops, hills are green. ;D

The park service guide showed us where to get a rare daylight photo of the giant green Luna Moth.

Attachments

• whiteface214 (Medium).JPG
    whiteface214 (Medium).JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 22
The half mile outdoor path (26 stories) looked to daunting in the slimy mist so Smoky elected to go back down the elevator and the tunnel.

We really enjoyed this day.  In the evening we had a great dinner at The Hungry Trout.  Sampled some of that trout swimming around in the rivers of the Adirondacks.  We recommend this restaurant.  It has the relaxing decor of an Adirondack lodge, and overlooks the west fork of the Ausable River.  Lots of tables along the windows.  After dinner we hit some of the Wilmington gift shops and fly-fishing shops.  We got caught at one gift shop and a horrendous thunderstorm.  Guess those clouds came off the mountains and let go on us.  It was worth it.

Tomorrow we take the ferry across Lake Champlain and visit Vermont.  We are going to save most of our New England agenda for next year as the constant rainfall has made things tough for us.  This was a case of making the best of a tough situation.  And we made the best, with memories for a lifetime.  After the Vermont day run, we will begin packing up and start a new thread on our run to Niagara Falls.

We have enjoyed reading about the adventures of the Ned, Russell, Terry, and Betty.  We know our adventure must seem small and mundane to them, but we cherish both our experience, and vicariously their more grander adventure.  We really appreciate the time they have taken to share it with us and the rest of the forum.

We enjoy all the adventures, ours and everyone elses.

I have decided to bring this thread to an end, at least as far as posting New England, Niagara, and Black Hills adventures.  Makes more sense to have a separate thread for each leg of our migration to the west.

In a few minutes we will make the first post of our new adventure, titled "Vermont and the Lake Champlain Ferry Log". Click here to view.

[edit]Added link.[/edit]

Smoky said:
We have enjoyed reading about the adventures of the Ned, Russell, Terry, and Betty.? We know our adventure must seem small and mundane to them, but we cherish both our experience, and vicariously their more grander adventure.? We really appreciate the time they have taken to share it with us and the rest of the forum.

Smoky,
In my opinion there are NO mundane RV adventures.  Your trip will be  one I hope to make and see what you have seen.  Your scenery looks a bit more manicured in spots than I am seeing here but don't think I minimize your trip in any way.  In fact your posts give me ideas of  things about which to write!

Keep em coming.

Betty 

Smoky,

If not for your beautiful photographs and this thread , I would have missed putting the Adirondack's on our, must visit list !

Smoky, I love the pic of you standing at the grand summit of 4867 feet. We who live at 6200 feet elevation tend to forget that there are other places with grand vistas and summits well below that. And those of us who are presently sitting at home enjoy hearing of others adventures. Keep the adventures coming.

Thanks guys!  It is great to know you are following along. 

Having lived in both the East and the West, I am here to say that while the grandeur of the Great West is indeed something to behold, returning to the East is a quite a marvelous experience.  Nothing can match the feeling that came over us as the lush green landscapes and distinctive eastern architecture began appearing as we rolled eastward.  And the mountains truly are great mountains, with breathtaking views filled with rich green and blue hues and grand rolling valleys far below, filled with scenes of history and beauty.

Tom... what a neat idea providing a link to the next series of thread on Vermont and the Champlain ferry.  Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom