Advice for selling our Winnebago view

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pyrgos

Hi, We are flying to San Francisco on the 1st Feb 2018 to collect our 2012 Winnebago view 24J. We have used this for the last four years for four glorious months each year touring the US and Canada. My wife gave me only 5 years of touring ....so this will be our last year!

We plan to sell the rig at the end of this tour from California to possibly Florida. We have not booked our return flight yet to the UK so are very flexible on when and where we sell it. It is registered and insured in Florida.

I would be most grateful for any advice for selling our RV? We have asked Camping World but they offer a very low price on consignment.

Very many thanks,  Brian

Attachments

• DSC00982.JPG
    DSC00982.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 62
One, you can list it here on the for sale section. For national coverage, try RVT and RV Traders online sales listings.

Given that you will likely be out of the country when the sale occurs, you might consider a bit consignment dealer like PPL in Texas.

I suspect that timing is going to be a problem. When you get to the end of your tour, you will want to pack, sell and go home in a fairly short time. The chances of finding a buyer in just a few weeks are low, though.  An RV may sell fairly quickly if priced low enough, but maybe you aren't willing to be that aggressive in price. A consignment sale is an option to have somebody else handle the showing and price negotiation, but the commission is usually 10% and the price still has to be attractive for a fairly quick sale.

The good news is that the View is a popular model, so there should be plenty of interest. You might even be able to advertise now and find someone willing to wait for delivery until the end of your trip. Doesn't cost anything to try by advertising here and maybe other RV blog/forum sites - private sale listings are free on most of them.

Some RV dealers may be willing to buy it from you, but the price will probably be shocking. They are going to offer a wholesale price, which is maybe 60% of an already badly depreciated market value. It's a tough nut to swallow, but it puts cash in hand quickly.

Very many thanks...We will look at RVT, RV traders and the PPL consignment in Texas.
When we collect our RV we will take some more pictures and post them in the "for sale" section here.

The picture below shows the rig before it was cleaned up!  ;)

Attachments

• 0120161229a (1).jpg
    0120161229a (1).jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 71
Hi Gary,
You may remember that you gave us some very good advice when we were looking to buy this rig 4 years ago. You even had a look at it in Ocala which we were so grateful for. It has been a superb motorhome.

As usual your advice is spot on and very much appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC07181.JPG
    DSC07181.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 62
pyrgos said:
Very many thanks...We will look at RVT, RV traders and the PPL consignment in Texas.
When we collect our RV we will take some more pictures and post them in the "for sale" section here.

The picture below shows the rig before it was cleaned up!  ;)

That would probably sell quickly just as it is! ;D

I agree with all the young, retro, hipster's into their glamping it would probably sell fast, when looking for RV parks a few months ago, I saw a place with creekfront cabins that has a covered wagon fixed up for glamping that goes for over $200 per night in the on season, even now in January they are getting $150 per night with no insulation and little climate control.

I can post it for you on the Yahoo View-Navion User Group if you would like.  You can send me a separate email with all the specifics (don't include the standard options; just anything extra you may have added or replaced).  Include phone/email that you would like them to contact you at and an asking price.  Just send to [email protected] and I will get it posted today if you like.

JakeR said:
I can post it for you on the Yahoo View-Navion User Group if you would like.  You can send me a separate email with all the specifics (don't include the standard options; just anything extra you may have added or replaced).  Include phone/email that you would like them to contact you at and an asking price.  Just send to [email protected] and I will get it posted today if you like.

Very many thanks. We do not have a US telephone number yet, We will buy a cheap Walmart Telephone when we arrive on the 1st Feb and contact you then with all the information. At that time we will also advertise it on this forum, RVT, and RV Traders.
We are members of the Yahoo View-Navion User Group but alas have not used it  :( . Can we include the "for sale" in Yahoo View-Navion User Group myself?

Kind regards Carolyn & Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 20
Yes you can.  I thought it would be easier for me to do it but do the following:  Logon to the site, click on More and then click on Database.  Next click on Marketbase which is near the bottom of the list.  Finally click on Add a Row and post your info.  By the way, there is someone who is looking to buy in January in Florida and they posted on this Forum under the Private For Sale section.  Might reach out to them just in case things can still work out.  Good luck!

JakeR said:
Yes you can.  I thought it would be easier for me to do it but do the following:  Logon to the site, click on More and then click on Database.  Next click on Marketbase which is near the bottom of the list.  Finally click on Add a Row and post your info.  By the way, there is someone who is looking to buy in January in Florida and they posted on this Forum under the Private For Sale section.  Might reach out to them just in case things can still work out.  Good luck!

Thanks Jake,
We have already contacted them but they wanted a Winnebago View in Florida in January.

We will follow your most helpful instructions to place our advertisement.

Regards....Brian

Very many thanks to everyone.

We have now advertised our RV on this forum, the  Yahoo View-Navion User Group site and on the RVT site.

We will be sorry to see it go!

Carolyn & Brian

Up date:

Our 2012 Winnebago view 24J was sold today.

Very many thanks to every one for their kind and helpful advice.

Regards

Carolyn & Brian

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlie13
Back
Top Bottom