Advice on upgrading from Roadtrek Popular 190

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drtomiverson

Retired couple liking our Roadtrek Popular 190 but want to upgrade...more room and fixed bed. I nap after lunch and we don't want to convert bed to dinette 5 times each day. Also want to mount a Porta-Bote.  Main problem is we love our almost king size bed and the gas mileage; and we want to stay 25' or less.
    Thor Gemini 23TW is close, but have to put the slide out every day for napping. The Gemini 24LP looked  like the one but it is 26' long. We don't need cabover or sleeping for more than 3.  I have really searched but coming up blank. Any suggestions?

The Gemini 24LP looked  like the one but it is 26' long.
Is 26 ft a showstopper? Why?  The Jayco Melbourne 24AP looks good for you - bed not in slideout. (Jayco is a Thor brand and has many same/similar floor plans).  Is it a big deal to put the slide out - it's the mere push of a button, right?  We used to put ours out for lunch sometimes, just for some extra convenience.

Have you shopped Winnebago, Tiffin, Fleetwood, Forest River, etc?  I'm not inclined to do the searching for you and then find out you've already rejected them for whatever reason.

I tend to want to ask the same thing, is there are reason for a hard cut off at 25 feet?  There are a number of interesting 26-27 ft class A's out there that greatly increase your cargo carrying capacity above what you will find in a 25 ft Class B.  Most class B's are on 11,000 to 12,500 pound chassis (a handful may be on the Ford E450 chassis at 14,500 pounds), vs the 26-27 built in the last 10 years are generally on 16,000 to 18,000 pound chassis with a few possibly being on 20,000 pound GVWR chassis.

Go take a look for yourself what just another 12-24 inches of length gives you in living space.  A lot of this comes from the more livable cab area in a class A and the lack of a hood sticking out the front.

You don't say if you are shopping new or used, so I will limit myself to stuff that has been built in the last 5 years, this is just to show living space, not to give an opinion on quality, etc.

Go and compare any of the Sprinter based class B's with a Winnebago Vista 26HE or better yet the triple slide 27N, or even a Forest River FR3 25DS or 28DS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom