Aftermarket extended warranties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gorse

Has anyone purchased an aftermarket extended warranty lately? (the one that covers you for a set time after the manufacturers warranty expires).
If so, have you had any claims and how hard is it to get the warranty company to pay?

We recently got a new one and a month later we had a claim on our inverter, over $400.  No problem with the company on the claim but the repair took 3 weeks!!  :-((

We bought our second such policy a year ago November when we traded coaches. Have had 4 claims since and all were promptly paid without a whimper. No problems with the previous one either, but only had one claim in 4 years.

We recently purchased a policy but haven't had any claims yet. Ned Reiter has also purchased a policy from the same company. The company writes the extended warranty coverage for Prevost, so I would expect good service. In addition, the people that you deal with are both the broker and administrator, so you deal direct.

I suppose a large part of it would be who is underwriting the policy. I had a policy on a previous coach and that company found every loophole they could come up with not to pay a claim on a generator. Anyone know how to check on which companies are good or not?

It's the job of the warranty company adjuster to pay only claims that are valid and submitted correctly.  You have to read all the fine print on the contract and see that you follow all the claim submission procedures to the letter.  The best type of policy to buy is an exclusionary policy where it lists only those items not covered and everything else is assumed covered.  You still have to follow the claim submission procedures correctly, however.  Most problems occur when people don't follow the correct procedures, like having work done without prior authorization.

As to the best companies, ask here about specific ones and someone may have experience with them.

I have filed and been reimbursed a number of times for claims on my previous policy. As Ned says, you must dot every i and cross every t. Anything missing or not in compliance (sending in a copy rather than a required original for example) and the claim will be rejected. I had some claims that took 3 submissions before I got it all right, but then immediately was reimbursed. Also, you must have an exclusionary policy, that reduces many of the hassles and gives you much better coverage.

Would any of you experienced guys name extended warranty companies you use?  Thanks, Bill P.

We also wrote a policy with ACC.
Stephen Burgess
National Sales Manager
ACC Warranty Services
8888 Keystone Crossing
13th Fl
Indianapolis IN 46240
(888) 299-9888

Steve does a great job of working with you to define the policy you need and process it. I hope he does as well if we need to file a claim :D Tell him we referred you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom